Furminator

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12354somebunny

Reaction score
its molting time again!! its snowing bunny fur in my apartment :D

so.. i'm thinking of getting a Furminator. but before i do, i'd just like to ask all of you with Furminators here, is the Furminator more effective than using our hands to pull out loose fur??

normally, when my bunnies are shedding, the most effective method for me is to just gently pull out their loose fur every night while they're too preoccupied with their dinner to notice :biggrin2: i've tried a few different types of combs, but they don't help much.

Would the Furminator be more effective than using my hands?

Thanks!

I love the furminator! I can easily get a shopping bag full off ofBruno when he's moulting in 15 minutes.. it works really quickly and takes off a ton of fur! Leaves their fur really soft after too :). I definitely recommend it, I get a lot of usage out of my furminator!

LOL can relate to the "snowing inside" - Baxter! is one snowball of a guy at he moment.. I bought 4 different combs and brushes and as the furminator does do agood job - I also find I can get more easily by running my hands threw his fur and gently pulling.. His fur is so Flat and dense he gets irritated quickly with the various combs pulling on his skin - that I use both methods (comb/hand/comb/hand)..

I have a Furminator. It works great. The only issue I have it that the hair gets everywhere, and it adds static so the hair sticks to everything. Then the hair goes up my nose and Korrs ends up making my eye puffy. The puffyness goes away in a day with the help of drugs, but the whole thing is just not fun. The Furminator works great though.

The FURminator is seriously the best brush in the world. I dont know how I managed before I had mine. Hair goes everywhere though, so you need to have a garbage bag handy and put a towel down too. You'll be amazed at how much comes out. Just be careful to not brush too hard bc those teeth are sharp and we know how sensitive rabbit skin is.

I definitely 100% recommend one to anyone with a bunny, especially one who sheds a lot!

January2008104.jpg

OMG!! that's more hair than i've ever removed from my bunnies!

thanks Spring, Julie, Korr&Sophie and Haley! i'm sold, i've just put in my order for a Furminator! can't wait to try it out :D

Good luck with the Furminator - I love mine. It's one one the few things Shadow will let me groom him with. It must feel good to him, to have all that loose fur removed, that he just lays there with his eyes half closed, enjoying it :)

Jan

I have a similar product: only $14.99 at Walgreens!! It's great and I remove at least as much as Haley showed there with Biggie Max. I can't say the bunnies like it, but I sure do!

395984.jpg

I LOVE my furminator! It works wonders with getting out all the hair. Of course, I always have to go over their coats with soft and slicker brushes afterwards and then use the furminator again. I use the furminator on my dogs, cats, and bunnies and it works great! I just brushed my dogs and cats yesterday, and will clean out the blade today and brush the bunnies! :)

You should of seen the pile of fur I had after brushing just 1 cat, and 2 dogs! It was enormous and could of made a hat with it! Lol.

Emily

wow the Furminator really is a big hit!

i hope my bunnies will be OK with it.. Yohji seems fine when i use other combs on him, but Buttons is a little more like Zamboni lol.. she'll bear with the combs for a very short while, and then run away flicking her little feet at me :X

tonyshuman, thanks for suggesting an alternative.. but i don't think i've ever seen the ShedEnder in Malaysia :biggrin2: in fact, we don't even have the Furminator here, but i found a Singaporean online petshop which carries it, so i'm gonna order from them, get them to deliver it to my friend who's working in Singapore, and i'll grab it from my friend the next time she's back in Malaysia.. sigh.. i wish we had more access to pet products in this country! :p

tonyshuman wrote:
I have a similar product: only $14.99 at Walgreens!! It's great and I remove at least as much as Haley showed there with Biggie Max. I can't say the bunnies like it, but I sure do!

395984.jpg
Yup this is one that I have and it works great..

I have a shedender and it's ok.. .not great, but decent

looks like the pro is much better tho, maybe ill cough up the money

I have a Shed Ender and love it, but wish I would have spent a little more and gotten the Furminator. The brush part is the same, but the handles are different. The Shed Ender is a little awkward to use.

Back