Furious with my "little" brother

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nermal71

Reaction score
Ok maybe I shouldn't care. Maybe I should not worry but I am so mad right now I am literally seeing red.

A few weeks ago mom calls to tell me that my younger brother and his wife will not be coming for Christmas dinner and that they are not gifting to anyone. Ok the gifting thing I don't care about but I told them to please still come for dinner just to spend time with family. They didn't show. Meanwhile mom is all upset that brother and wife are in serious financial trouble, can't pay their bills don't know what they're gonna do....he's out of work....she went so far as to buy gifts for both of our sets of grandparents (one is 95y/o other two are in upper 80's) so that grandparents don't know how bad it is for little brother (he's in mid 30's as is his spouse). We all went out of our way to at least get them something small because they were not even going to be able to get for each other cause of how horrible the money situation there is..... it put a big damper on our Christmas day because mom was still very upset.

Now today.....brother calls my oldest son who is a computer geek in training(he's a computer technician assistant). He's asking my son all these questions about Windows7 and how to adjust certain settings...talking about this super expensive graphics card and sound card and quad core processor. Son asks him what's up...my brother's answer..."Oh well your aunt got this awesome deal from work where we're getting a computer for just under 700 bucks". I am doing EVERYTHING in my power to keep from calling my brother and chewing him out. Only thing stopping me is I know it would hurt my mom if I did and I don't want my son to feel like he's in the middle. I did explain to my son about financial decisions etc.....mainly that just cause it's a "good deal" if you can't pay your bills then the luxuries should not be bought. And that is a luxury they definitely did not need (they had a perfectly good computer). Maybe it's none of my business, but after hearing the poor me story from them and having them dump the poor me on my 18y/o and then a week later to hear this......I'm counting to keep my cool......I've hit about 4million already.

Families can be a blessing sometimes then a complete nightmare,Good idea to mull it all over then when calm you can have your blunt to the point view ready!!:disgust:

i agree with you, if you cant pay your bills luxaries should not even be a concern. there will always be deals later in life...its like i saw a FREE sphynx cat which cost around a grand here but i dont have the money for another cat so had to pass. ):
but they apparently arnt mature enough to realize this....if they think other people will take care of them then their wrong to. not to sound harsh, jmho

Ive done it a few times, went out and got something I knew I couldnt afford. I regretted it afterwards everytime.

I myself have a lot of growing up to do, but Im working on it. I hope your brother grows up soon too. It seems as though your mum is suffering more from this stress than he and his wife are. And that's not fair.

Latest posts

Back