Fur?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysticcrystal

Reaction score
I noticed that Footfoot sometimes have patches of fur shedding from him. Is he sick? Here is a pic of the fur.

019.jpg

Is he molting? Are the two rabbits fighting? These are my first thoughts.

What does the rabbit's skin look like? How often does this happen? All other signs are healthy?

Well, different rabbits have differnt habbits. I seem to have one of each. Some will blow the whole coat at once. One day they are fine, the next they have shedding hair all over. They loose tons, but they have new fur all over, so they aren't bald.

Then there is the sequential shedder. With my Becky I can see the ring where the old hair has shed out compared to where it hasn't, because it's a different shade of gray. She is constantly loosing fur from somewhere, but it moves like a line down her body.

This reminds me of how my mini rex sheds. He will just get these tufties. They either fall out or I will pluck it out. They are already loose so I'm not pulling the hair out, just the last little oommph. He will get a little fluff here or there once or twice a week. It doesn't create a bald spot, it just comes out. The fur and skin are normal.

It sounds like he is just molting with the tufts. As long as there's no danduf, which could indicate paracites, fur and skin look good and every thing else is normal, I wouldn't worry about it.

It sounds like he is just molting with the tufts. As long as there's no danduf, which could indicate paracites, fur and skin look good and every thing else is normal, I wouldn't worry about it.
:yeahthat:

Back