Fur loss

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Momma Sonja

Reaction score
Hi, my bunny is going to the vet Monday, but I just wanted to ask you all if you may know what is going on.

Marisol is a 2 year old German Angora. Overnight she began loosing her fur. In just one day her whole right side is bald. Her skin is still pink and healthy looking except for one spot on her hind end which is scabbed over. I know mites can cause hair loss, but this was extremely quick. She is still eating, drinking, pooping and playing like normal. She doesn't seem bothered by the hair loss or scabbing at all. If anyone can volunteer information to help Marisol until Monday I would really appreciate it!!!!!!

Does she live with another bunny that could have pulled it out?? I'll try to think up some other stuff, jsut thought I'd quick ask about that

Is she spayed? If she isn't she could be nesting which is really common for females who're not spayed. When the female nests she pulls out tufts of her hair to add to the nest. So it could be that or it's even possible she is just moulting.

Still take her to the vet though just incase! C:

Latest posts

Back