Fur loss

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tango

Reaction score
Hi all..

my bunny's fur is falling out quite a lot at the moment which is new.its autumn where i live. When do they normally molt (spelling). Is itpossible that he's missing something in his diet?

thanks so much!

May

PS i see in the left column it says my location is Albania, which it iscertainly not. so pls don't think i' crazy if in fact it is not autumnin albania!!!! dunno how it got there and i dunno how to change it!

thanks.... May:)

Hi there.

he's only 3 and a half months ish. male, and hasn't been neutered. itsnot drastic fur loss.. like i've heard of huge clumps of fur coming offbunnies, but its just that he hasn't lost much before and now you cansee quite a lot where he's been sitting, o if he binkies you can see itfly of him in to the air.

thanks!

may

Sounds like molting to me. When my Oreo molts, good greif, he molts! Fur everywhere! :)

Usually you have to worry if they have patches of balding with dry itchy skin. That type of thing.

I've known people who's rabbit molted so bad they looked naked, butdidn't find anything wrong at the vet. Some rabbits really lose itfaster more then others!

Your bunny is definitely molting. As long as youbrush him oftem (to prevent hairballs) you need not be concerned. To behonest, I don't know when the "normal" molting season is. But I cantell you that it is spring here, and Devon has been molting like crazythese past couple of weeks (Amber is molting too, but to a lesserdegree).

Latest posts

Back