Fur in bunnys eye

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChocolateBunny

Reaction score
My bunny is molting and he gets clumps of fur in his eyes which seam very uncomfortable for him so I hold him and spread open his eye and wipe out the fur with my fingers. Its kinda hard to get out sometimes as his eyes get dry and the fur really gets stuck in there so I have to rub my finger around on his eye until I can get it out. Afterwords he is still squinting for awhile but then he eventually opens it back up and his eyes are back to normal. The thing is, he gets fur clump in them multiple times a day so is it safe to keep picking and rubbing out the fur from his eyes with my fingers or should I leave it in there? I dont want to hurt his eyes!

i wouldnt rub on his eyeball.let him get it out on his own ..if its still in there after a couple of days then maybe wet a washcloth with warm water and lightly wipe across his eye (dont hold his eye open) let him blink when he needs to ..the washcloth will prob catch a hair fibre and will prob pull it out without u pokin his eyeball..:)

Latest posts

Back