fur everywhere!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patches2593

Reaction score
hey everyone!!

what do you do to maintain all of your rabbits loose fur in your room especially on blankets?

my comforters and blankets are covered in fur and i am wondering what the best way is to get the fur off(preferably by hand and not in the wash or dryer). i have heard of using lint rollers but that seems like it will take a lot of time and will not do the job efficiently .

thank you!

hey everyone!!

what do you do to maintain all of your rabbits loose fur in your room especially on blankets?

my comforters and blankets are covered in fur and i am wondering what the best way is to get the fur off(preferably by hand and not in the wash or dryer). i have heard of using lint rollers but that seems like it will take a lot of time and will not do the job efficiently .

thank you!
I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but excessive bunny fur is something I've always had to deal with, especially with the current bunny, and she's white so I find it tends to show a lot. Her shedding gets particularly bad every few months.

A few things I've learned in dealing with her mass shedding:

1. When I brush her often, it's not nearly as bad. It's become very manageable with a good brush every few days, and sometimes daily when the shedding's at its worst. I always make sure to brush at least once a week though, and plus it helps me feel secure in the fact that it helps prevent her from ingesting her own fur and health issues related. It's also a great time to bond with her, she loves being held and brushed.

2. On those "rush out the door" mornings, the lint roller is my best friend. I keep them around and readily available, so when I'm leaving the house/am worried about clothes and the like, I just do a quick once over with the lint roller, and it does make a noticeable difference. I think they'd work for a bed or something too, but I do think prevention is your best way of fighting it.

3. I don't know how credible this information is in regards to bunnies, but it is something that I've taken from the cat world as well, and it's that an animal's coat is a reflection of its diet. An animal fed a well balanced and healthy diet is, in general, more likely to have a strong, healthy, shiny coat, which I'm sure can be related to shedding as well. I don't know what you feed your bunnies and am in no way criticizing your choice of food, I'm just stating something that I think may be of interest.

Most of what I've mentioned, namely the diet and brushing points, are more of prevention methods to shedding, but will also help with the excessive fur on everything. I do think brushing's your best bet, as well as just general vacuuming and washing of the blankets.

Good luck to you, fingers crossed that you find something that works well!

Latest posts

Back