Fur everywhere!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitties

Reaction score
Leo and Zorro are my first house rabbits, and since I got Zorro about 2 months ago, she has been moulting like acrazy thing. Her fur is in good condition but it's just coming out in handfuls! All over the house! She is healthy and eating well... does anyone have any suggestions? I have tried brishing her but it doesn't seem to bring the fur out?!? She looks terrible, really straggly, but I don't think she's actually unwell.. help please!

Welcome to the forum

The moltingcould be stress, but could you give more details? How old is she, what does she eat including amounts and brands.

Oh, and check out this Library article for info on grooming:

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=28114&forum_id=17

Rabbit fur is softer than cat or dog fur. A lot of times the normal cat slicker brushes and such don't work well.

As Naturestee mentioned, stress, diet, and the weather can all be factors.

Ive noticed a lot less shedding (and healther coats) since I switched my bunnies to a higher quality pellet. Knowing what and how much your buns eat might help us help you :)

Theres no itching or bald spots are there?

If its just excessive shedding, try the FURminator hair brush for small dogs or cats. You have to be gentle but it works amazingly for bunnies!

Another neat trick (that can get a little messy) is to get your hands slightly damp and run them through your rabbit's coat. The loose hair should stick to your hands. I personally prefer plucking or using a knock-off Furminator, but these are best done outside!

Back