Funny Bunny Habits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Jesse

Reaction score
My 12 year old dwarf (I think he is) bunny has a new habbit of sitting with his two front paws in his water bowl. He sometimes rubs them on his face. I have also found his rear end wet (over his tail) as if he has been sitting in it. I sometimes think its urine wetness as it has the smell.I try to wash it and comb it out but it won't come clean.

Becka's right, if his bum is constantly wet and smells of urine, he may have a bladder issue. Urinary tract infections are the most common, but for older bunnies a number of things can happen that lead to incontinence. I would have a vet check him out, and get a full blood chemistry panel done to check for liver and kidney function. The front paws thing may just be to cool off. I've seen lops lie with their ears in the water dish to cool off.

Am taking my cat to the vet today. The same vet is my rabbit vet and excellent in that field. The bunny had a urine check in the last 4 months and it was perfect but I suppose it could come on suddenly at his advanced age.

Latest posts

Back