Funny Bunny Behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tango

Reaction score
hi all!

my male bunny is doing the strangeset thing,.. he's walking around sniffing everything the whole time and he'll go up to things, sniff them and then sort of rub the underneath of his chin on the object. then he moves off and does the same thing to everyone else. was wondering if there is possibly a scent gland or something under there adn he's marking his territory or something. (he's about 6 months old apparently) just interested if anyone else has seen this. was also a bit concerned maybe he has a skin irritation there that i can't see or something?

thanks!!

May and Hamilton

Only some of my bunnys do that. Its a better way of marking the territory than pooing or peeing everywhere:D

My first Bun Mümmel marked me all the time expecially when I spent a lot of time with another bun:craziness

Mine feel that they need to chin anything of theirs that I wash....litter pans, water bottles, bowls, etc.

As already devulged....they have a scent gland under their chin and they're marking or remarking their belongings or territory.

It's interesting when we let one bunnie out and they go around chinning everything in the room. It's even MORE interesting to put that bunnie back and let another one out in the same area...chin,chin,chin...almost frantically...mine, mine, miiiiine.

~Jim

It is the sweetest thing when they do that. I love it when I get chinned. Like it was said before it is much better than pooing everywhere.:colors:

hey hey!

thanks everybody for your replies!!!! it is SO cute! i must say i haven't been chinned yet personally, but i think he realised i was all his from day one, so there's prbably no need! hee hee..

thanks a million!

may and hammy

:laugh: SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JimD wrote:
It's interesting when we let one bunnie out and they go around chinning everything in the room. It's even MORE interesting to put that bunnie back and let another one out in the same area...chin,chin,chin...almost frantically...mine, mine, miiiiine.

~Jim

Latest posts

Back