Funny bonding story!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlerex

Rachael - Member
Reaction score
Before I had Oscar, I owned a little Minilop called Cacao. He had such a big personality for a small boy, and I was thinking about him the other day. I decided you all would appreciate this story, because it certainly made me laugh!

I had owned Cao for about 4 or 5 months when one of our Vet's said she was moving back to Britain. She had a big Minilop boy, named Colin, and wanted me to have him as she could not take him home with her. He was a very anti social bunny. He didn't like people, or cuddles or attention.. Quite the opposite to Cao! However as both the boys were neutered, I figured I may as well bring Colin home and see if there was a possibility they would get along. They were both in outside hutches side by side, and as I imagined - Cao was so excited, climbing the side of the cage, following Colin up and down the fence line, and giving him all his undivided attention. Colin, however, wanted nothing to do with Cao. He ignored him completely, and went about his own business, staying as far away as he could from the little bundle of excitement. Neither showed signs of aggression or fear, which I guessed was a good sign. I figured Cao would get bored of Colin eventually, and we would have peaceful neighbours as a starting point. So I went to bed that night, after feeding them some treats next to each other, and figured eventually in time things would probably work out for them to be a happily bonded couple.

'In time' didn't end up being long at all.
I got up early before school to go and see my boys, and to my horror - I saw what I though, was Cao escaped from his cage and running around outside, on the other side of Colin's hutch. But as I got closer, I saw that Cao was actually IN the hutch with Colin! Over night, he had dug a tunnel - from his hutch, into Colin's!

They were more than content, sitting together and sharing pellets. I think I even saw a moment of them grooming one another. Who would have thought. Cao' persistence definitely paid off, and saved me the effort too! ;) They were best buddies after that for as long as they lived. Cao even taught Colin that pats and loving wasn't so bad, and definately changed his attitude to a far happier, more loving bunny - that I never expected. I'll never forget my little Cao, he was my first real little Bunny I've owned, and he had the biggest personality I've ever seen in such a little animal. :)

Latest posts

Back