Funny Behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dm21

Reaction score
Hello :)

My bunny's behaviour has turned a bit strange recently - quite funny towatch tho! He will jump up onto our bed and start digging atthe covers (like a dog digging a hole!) then he will push his frontpaws out in front of him and start sliding about. It's reallyfunny to watch!!

Does anyone elses rabbit do this? Is there a 'season' of somesort that would make him behave like this?? He doesn't likebeing petted when he is in this mood either, when we do try and pet himhe will go for us!! Moody like bunny :)

Thanks
Debs

It sounds like he's trying to organise yourcovers :), my buns will do this with towels, hay etc. It's really cuteto watch when they have a towel and scrunch it up, then try and push itback out flat again.

He he - yeah it is total cute! Glad other peoples bunnies do it to!!

Our bun, Biggles, does it all night when we are sleeping. Weput a towel down on the laminate so he can jump up onto the bed easierand he wakes us up in the middle of the night by sliding about theplace :)

a little like this?

Dill is normally much more frantic when he does it, he was having a (thankfully) slow day.

Pipp started into the digging thing when she was over a yearold. Didn't do it when she wasayoungin'. I keep a blanket onmy lap for her to play with -- her favourite toy. I regret itnow, actually, because she's obsessed with cloth. Over thewinter I had my good blanket on my lap to keep warm while I worked, andnow it looks like swiss cheese. And I realized today thatshe's been hanging on on top of my 'almost clean' clothes pile, andeverything I own has teethmarks. :nonono:

It's my ownfault, of course. HER blanket has beenat the bottom of a huge pile of neglected laundry.

reminds me... I should got wash that now...

sas
gone.gif

Yup mine does that too. No matter how much stuffI put in their hutch, they will stretch out on their front paws andpush everything into big piles!! drives me a bit crazy but it iscute.:bunnydance:

Devon does that all the time (Amber also doesit, but not as much)! There's this one spot on my bed that he tries toburrow in. It's guaranteed that it'll be the first place he goes whenhe gets let out in the morning. It's so much fun to watch!

Holly will do that on the bed and also when sheis trying to straighten up her mini fleece blankets. At one time we hadsome tissue paper that she shredded and I put it in a cardboard box.She didnt' like it in there so...she pushed it out. I had fun puttingit back in the box and watching her push it back out. I was afraid shewas getting mad at me so I eventually stopped. I love when she doesthat. Our little bulldozer.

yep..peapoo does that all the time..today shewas doing it and i got a little to close:shock:..she went after mylegs..it was the first time shes ever bit me so hard i bled...i have ahuge cut running down the front of my leg now...i was amazed such alittle bunny could do so much damage!! and it hurt to!! now she's allfriendly again...huh..silly girl:)

Latest posts

Back