Fungi? Mites? HelpšŸ˜©

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello
Haru has a bald dandruffy spot on her nape.
At first I thought it was mites so I used revolution, I cleaned everything too. But after a month when i was giving her the second dose, the spot was the same!
Itā€™s been three weeks after the second dose now.
I also shaved the fur in the area two months ago thinking that her long fur might be the cause but no..

Iā€™m thinking it might be fungi? How can I treat this?

Attachments

• IMG_6811.jpeg
    IMG_6811.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6809.jpeg
    IMG_6809.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Dandruff and thinning fur is usually fur mites, not fungal dermatitis. Fungal dermatitis usually looks different.

Medirabbit: fur mites

Medirabbit: fungal dermatitis

Have you applied anything to her skin in that area, prior to this happening, that might have caused some irritation?

Maybe the flakes are remaining dead skin from healing normal skin. I would suggest just keeping an eye on it to see if it improves at all over the next few weeks. If not maybe you could try ivermectin.

Dandruff and thinning fur is usually fur mites, not fungal dermatitis. Fungal dermatitis usually looks different.

Medirabbit: fur mites

Medirabbit: fungal dermatitis

Have you applied anything to her skin in that area, prior to this happening, that might have caused some irritation?

Maybe the flakes are remaining dead skin from healing normal skin. I would suggest just keeping an eye on it to see if it improves at all over the next few weeks. If not maybe you could try ivermectin.
I used revolution but it didnā€™t work

When we took in a rescue rabbit short term last month, he had fur mites aka walking dandruff. He had missing hair on his back and neck, sore skin and lots of dandruff.
Might be worth checking with your vet if that's a possibility.
He had a course of Xeno and it cleared right up! šŸ˜Š

Latest posts

Back