Fundraising sites for potential surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLove06

Reaction score
Hi all,
It has been awhile since I've posted on here- things have been busy!
Last I believe I wrote, my Sammy (will be 5 in January) was getting ready for dental surgery to remove an abscess. Well, that went successful, thank the good Lord!
Unfortunately, a year later, while close to my due date with my first human baby, another abscess popped up. And that one was taken care of.
Both of these events have been extremely stressful for everyone- but Sammy and me mostly, I feel. I love this rabbit soooooo much and to see him have to go through this is miserable. I wish I could go through it for him!
Well, after the last surgery- acompanied by seizures and stopping breathing under anesthesia the vet decided our best bet would be to give him Pen G injections every.other.day. Now, for the last year we have been pretty dilligent, but noody is perfect and we have missed days here and there. It is so hard to begin the process only for him to squeak when the needle touches him because he knows what's coming. At that point I am in tears and we push it back a day.
Well fast forward beyond all of the stress, sadness, freaking out, having a baby via emergency c-section, yada yada yada... Sammy has another bump. Different location on his jaw- but my regular vet says we can waste no time getting it looked at- and I agree. The vet that is familiar with his detal issues at the other hospital isn't doing appointments until next week- so ours is set for Wednesday. And They have Thursday blocked off for potential dental surgery should that be necessary.
I have been in tears since finding the bump Monday night. This is stressing me out to no end, thinking that I could lose my baby. He does not do well under anesthesia- last time they wouldn't even leave him alone in a recovery room, the vets took turns with him on their desks (so sweet).
Did I mention human baby #2 is on it's way now? Yeah...doesn't make this any easier, that's for sure.
So, with our medical insurance being horrible, we have been saving up for the delivery and all associated baby costs with the next one. My husband loves the bunnies, but he wasn't raised thinking of animals the same way I am. With him being the sole breadwinner, I am stressing out more because these procedures are very costly (thousand dollars+) and he is the financial guy taking care of the household. I really want to make this easier financially so I was suggested to look into fundraising websites. Most of these are for human ailments, I know for sure that lots of my friends will think I'm wacko for spending any significant chunk of change on a bunny- which I don't really care, but the possible backlash I could recieve at a time like this would not be fun.
I guess I am wondering what everyone's thoughts are on a fundraising site for my baby's potential surgery next week and also looking for moral support from like-minded rabbit people.

Latest posts

Back