fun with bananas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
too funny....

Ok, so I thought, after hearing you all talk about how much they like bananas, I'd give it a try.

Weeellll.....Pandemonium smelled it, pulled her lips wayyyy back inthat funny bunny "snarl", smacked her teeth together, backed up, doveforward and licked it fast with the tip of her tongue then jumped back.

LOL!

After a couple repeats of this she decided it was edible and messily devoured the entire chunk. :p

Izzy fell on it like a starving bunny (sweet tooth) and methodicallyproceeded to rip off large chunks until full. Then she dove for thedried bread--must have needed something salty-ish after all that sweet!

Bub, Smokey, and Fen looked at it like it was poison, then looked at me like "why are you giving me this?? don't you love me?"

hehehehehe

Rose

Dried banana chips often work well, also. High in sugarthough, so keep that in mind. I never give more than an inchor so per rabbit. Many will eat skins as well. Ifigure it is more fiber in their diet.

Buck

Be careful not to give your buns too much banana. Lenci gets the squirts when she eats too much.

Isn't it fun to watch them eat a banana. Does your bun eat around the edges so it's all even too? LOL

I don't think bananas will be a regular thing,although it was funny to try. If only two bunnies eat it, and they eacheat only a 1/2 inch or so, that's a lot of wasted banana. hehe

Yeah, Izzy ate maybe that much today and decided she'd hit capacity.

And no, she definitely didn't eat around all the edges until it was even! She ripped chunks off noisily and messily. :p

Rose

:( That reminds me of our dear departed Princess and how much she loved bananas. I sure miss her.

As Lissa mentioned, just go easy on the sweets (I know -- it's hard to resist the pleas for treats).

Pam

yeah, theyrarely get anything sweetunless it's a bit of apple once in awhile. stick to good old driedbread and oatmeal!

Rose

Oh, I didn't know about dried bread as a treat!

I've been disappointed in Sherman's response to banana. Henibbled at it a couple of times when we first adopted him, but now whenI try to give it to him he looks at me like, "What's your problem,Mommy? Haven't I trained you better than this?" :(

Yes, they all are different. I've got one you cannot sneak apill in, even in a piece of banana unless I grind it up and mixthoroughly. If a put the powder on banana, she'll eat aroundit! LOL

Buck

Trouble and Trixie will both knock you down for apiece of banana!!! :p Itis so funny to watch themeat it. Trixie is hilarious when eating a banana and there isno lady like eating around the edges! It is more like " Ican't scarf it up fast enough"! LOL Beckie

BunnyMommy wrote:
Oh, I didn't know about dried bread as a treat!

Dried bread is the most favorite food here!!! I give them whole wheat so it's easier on the digestion.

Pandemonium wiggles her whole body and panics when she doesn't get it fast enough. She looks like a puppy.

Rose

Tramp and Pigeon got their first bite ofpineapple the other night. I thought Tramp (yeah, the sweetlaid back one, NOT) was going to run me over getting to it.Pigeon is always that way with EVERY treat so it was hard to say if shelike the pineapple bite anymore than the others. Then lastnight I tried it again and Tramp would only nibble at it some before heturned up his nose (he's eating normal food and hay like normal so itdidn't worry me). Guess he just wasn't in the mood forpineapple last night. I did try banana with them not too longago and they both loved it.... same with oatmeal.

-Cheryl

Angel used to eat anything that fell on thefloor. Once I dropped a piece of cod on the floor and SHE ATEIT! I coudn't believe it. She also likespizza. :shock:

Weird! Can you picture a bunny eating fish and pizza!!! That is too funny.

Rose

P.S. I wanna know how Emmy and Sherman like bread!!!

rabbitgirl wrote:
Weird! Can you picture a bunny eating fish and pizza!!! That is too funny.

Rose

P.S. I wanna know how Emmy and Sherman like bread!!!
I'll give you a report after I give it to him, Rose. :cool:

Latest posts

Back