Fulton, New York show and baby Checkered Giant update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeniseJP

Reaction score
I am... along with Checkered Giants Calliope, Grace, Remy and Jared and Hollands Jemima (new junior doe), Segal (naughty rabbit from Rochester) and Axel... had Calliope on my running table and she got the idea to move... Remy just doesn't get "run" - he is a handsome rabbit and prefers to pose... Grace is running and Jared is more interested to see who was on the table before him.

Holland Lop Segal was posing beautifully... he is a vain and handsome boy that I love a lot. Axel wasn't interested in posing but he has done OK when showing so I am not going to push him. Segal and Juno's daughter Jemima is a posing girl but for her first time out I don't know how she will do.

I am Segal's for sure - he rushes up to the door to chin me or attract my attention by swinging his rabbit rattle at me.:pinkbouce::inlove:

Roxanne and Remy's kits are well... we lost the solid black this week- he was a buck... and the biggest in the litter... not sure what caused his death. His littermates are eating solid food, drinking water and still attempting to take a swig from Roxanne but she does not seem to have the patience for that... but I find her with the babies all around her and she is licking or grooming them carefully.

I have at least two marked does - a blue and a black and a marked black buck and a solid blue doe. I love watching them explore... a high point of my day is watching them in the barn.

Denise

Oh my... is no one else going?

Denise

It was a good day for me and the rabbits... two shows in one day.

I was the lone Checkered Giant exhibitor... Jared was BOB and Grace (my "nasty" girl showing for the first time) was Best Opposite; in the second show Jared was BOB but Calliope was Best Opposite. Remy was best blue both times.

Segal was Best of Variety in the Open senior broken bucks... and Best Opposite. He was second in the second show if I am remembering right although he could have been third. Axel and Jemima did not do as well - Axel got a third both times and Jemima fourth.

Naughty Segal held it together for the first show - exhibitors and the second Checkered judge remembered his leap and ricochet off of Bonnie Burdick back to his slot. By the second show and after being registered, he had enough and was ready to go home.

Everyone here celebrated with 5 lbs of carrots given to everyone including the pigs and the horses.

I am so ready for bed... and it is only 6:00PM...

Denise

Latest posts

Back