Frustrated with females spraying!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mochajoe

Reaction score
I don't really have a question as much as I am just really frustrated! We now YET another female bunny that is a horrific sprayer!!! It is SO frustrating that we have had several male bunnies all but my daughter's show bunny was neutered...and NONE of them have EVER sprayed!!! That includes the unfixed male show bunny who had 2 unfixed female show bunnies living in the cage below him!!! I resorted to putting their cages in my barn as she sprayed so badly. The young doe we have now (I really didn't want her but my daughter did, I prefer males) is also a horrific sprayer!!! We want her to be an indoor bunny...but not if she keeps this up!!! I am praying that once we get her fixed she will stop, but I am not holding my breath...so frustrated!!!

Typically, rabbits will spray when they smell the opposite sex close by. We've only had one of our females spray, because we had a male next to her. As soon as we moved him, she stopped. Same thing happened with my daughter's male Brit. He stopped when we moved the female away from him. None of ours are fixed.

Thank you for sharing....I have not tried this with Funfetti....however with our old female (deceased now) it didn't matter where we put her....different rooms in the house....the male in the house and her in the barn....I will try moving her and pray that makes a difference!

Rabbits can smell pretty good. At rabbit shows I've seen rabbits spray in their little cubby area because they smelled the previous rabbit who'd been in there. Its worse when they're young and hormonal. It should be better after she's spayed.

Latest posts

Back