Fruits or no fruits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koumyou_69

Reaction score
I have a few questions
Any vet I have taken my rabbits to has always said no fruit but when I come on here everyone gives fruit my vets have said it is bad for them and can be harmful so what do I do?

Koumyou_69 wrote:
I have a few questions
Any vet I have taken my rabbits to has always said no fruit but when I come on here everyone gives fruit my vets have said it is bad for them and can be harmful so what do I do?
fruits/vegys--which can be converted to sugars in/by the body should be given sparingly--if at all--does this help..??- try this link http://www.medirabbit.com --sincerely james waller :big wink:

Hi Elaine,

I give mine fruits and look Buttercup will be 13 next month. It's all in moderation. To me it's no different then us humans, people say ceratin foods are no good for us, but in moderation they won't hurt us.

If you do give them some, do it slowly to see if they tolerate it. Mine love Blueberries, strawberries, cantelope, apple, raspberries, blackberries and probably others that I'm forgerrting.

Susan:)

well my first buns thumper and yuki use to love all kinds of fruit and i would give them as treats once a week but when i told my vet this he said not to feed any fruits. yuki use to love bananas he even stole some banana strawberry ice cream once and groweled when i moved it away (little sister left her ice cream near the cage)i also hred that grapes are poisonis to them just like with dogs and cats but that was thumpers fav treat before i found that out it is all vary confusing what is good and what isn't. what vets say and what rabbit resource books say and then what is said on here is totally different :?:?:?:?

I always thought fruits and veggies were good :/ I give my bun a small piece of banana and a big leaf of lettuce every day...

I consider starchy veggies like carrots the same as fruit, feed in small bits. However, veggies in general such as lettuces and herbs I feed larger amounts. It makes the buns happy and it's good for them.

Latest posts

Back