Fruit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, our oldest bunny Buttercup loves grapes,apples bananas, strawberries, catelope BUT in moderation.Fruits have alot of sugar so it's noy good for them to have a lot offruit. Our other two bunnies will eat it but they don't gocrazy for it like BC.

Soooska

Buns over 1 year old can have fruit heres a list of whats safe.

Apple (remove stem and seeds)
Blueberries
Melon
Orange (including peel)
Papaya
Peach
Pear
Pineapple
Plums
Raspberries
Strawberries

Sugary fruits such as bananas and grapes should be used only sparingly,as occasional treats. Bunnies have a sweet tooth and if left to theirown devices will devour sugary foods to the exclusion of healthful ones.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the info. Mr. Fluffy,however, is only about 2 months old according to the vet. Nomore grapes for him for awhile!!!! The pet store told me he was between4-6 months old!

fluffys_mommy wrote:
Do buns like fruit and is it ok for them to eat it? My 4 yr.old daughter just gave our bun a grape and he gobbled it up!

It is so cute when they get a really juicy one, they way they get thatjuice on their wiskers. It reminds me of that mouse in Bambithe way he washes his face with a dewdrop :D

Latest posts

Back