Fruit tree branches

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spoh

Reaction score
I have seen apple tree branches on different websites for sale, has anybody ever bought them? Are they any good? I would love to buy some, at least to last until summer but I don't want to waste the money if they are crap. I have bought the cheapy little bark things from Pet Supplies Plus and she won't even look at them.

Anybody?

Thanks Joy

I have purchased them and they are a huge hit here. If you purchase them from Farmer Dave on Ebay, they are SUPER fresh and still smell like an apple just picked off the tree...nice and crisp :).

The ones sold in pet stores could have been sitting in their packaging, in a warehouse, for a year. So, I doubt they are fresh. I find most things from pet stores aren't very good. I have seen those bark things and they look dusty and fake, lol.

I just ordered some branches and some sticks. Hopefully they come quickly and she likes them. Is there any way to keep them fresh? Can I store them in the freezer?

Joy

Hmmmm...I may have to check out these apple branches too. Billy has a huge problem with chewing stuff, and he refuses to chew the untreated wood I give him. Only problem is, every time I check these farmer type websites the shipping ends up being over $15!

My bunnies just love apple branches...though i'm pretty lucky because i have a apple tree in my backyard :)

Hehe..mine like to chew all the bark of and just leave the naked stick,they will munch on the stick a bit afterwards though

I'm sure your bunny will just love them to

Cheryl

Little Bay Poo wrote:
Hmmmm...I may have to check out these apple branches too. Billy has a huge problem with chewing stuff, and he refuses to chew the untreated wood I give him. Only problem is, every time I check these farmer type websites the shipping ends up being over $15!
The ones that I got had FREE shipping!

Let us know how it goes. Even with the bark chewed off, the stick can be used as a toy. Our neighbors and some friends have apple trees, so I just have to ask if I want some. :cool:

spoh wrote:
Little Bay Poo wrote:
The ones that I got had FREE shipping!

Yeah, I saw that too so I ordered some! And while I was at it I ordered some timothy hay with a $9 or so shipping charge :? My bunnies refuse to eat the Kaytee brand timothy hay so hopefully they'll like this farmer dave stuff!

my buns LOVE them, one of winnie's favs

although i too am lucky, my parents have a couple of apple trees, so i just go and steal a few branches when my dad isn't looking

spoh wrote:
Is there any way to keep them fresh? Can I store them in the freezer?

Yes, storing them in the freezer should keep them fresher for longer :).

We keep all sorts of crap in our freezer...lol. I don't even think I'd have room to fit one apple stick in there :p.

Latest posts

Back