Frontier Airlines no longer requires health certificates for shipping rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
On the lionhead list, someone just posted thatthey were preparing a shipment w/ Frontier Airlines and when theycalled - they were told that Frontier no longer requires healthcertificates to ship. I think they said it is a flat $90 fee orsomething like that.

This makes shipping rabbits a lot easier for breeders and really excites me a lot.

Does anyone else know anything about this? I'm going to email the gal for more information....

Peg

Well, there are those on the lionhead list (andI'm inclined to agree with them now that I think about it) that saythey won't ship in or out without doing the vet check and certificateanyway. The more I think about it - the more I think there is wisdom indoing the vet check....even if it is more expensive!

Peg

maherwoman wrote:
Ooh...I haven't heardthat yet, but I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad thing...:?

It's good and bad. It's good for the breeder that there is nohealth check required, but not nessisarily good for thebuyer. If the breeder has high quality, healthy animals thenit's a win-win situation. The breeder doesn't have to gothrough the hassle of health checks and the buyer doesn't have to paythe health check fees.
But if the breeder sells sickstock, what can be done about it. The buyer could possibly bestuck with sick animals...., the breeder gets money, the buyer gets asick animal. It's an interesting issue. Only oneside is happy.

I think their still should behealth checks. I never sell a sick animal, and usually neverhave to worry bout it either, cause it's rare for any of my critters tobe sick, but there are some breeders that only care about the dollarline and could care less about the health of their animals as long asthey can sell them. Granted in the long run I think you make more moneyif you have healthy, high quality stock.

They make it harder for therest of us, but in a way it makes our stock more valuable. Goingthrough health checks is a way to increase your reputation by havinghealthy animals. So in a way the mandatory health checks ofmost airlines is an even better win/win situationl, because the breedergains a higher reputation and more business, and the buyer gets ahealthy, most likely high quality animal.

That's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth. :)

I'm inclined to agree with both ofya'll. Though I do have to say, I trust you 100% Peg!:) So I wouldn't necessarily ask for one from YOU, unless youwere more comfortable doing so. :)

I really think we should do a health check onDaisy before she goes to you. I just feel safer that way knowing herheart is ok and stuff like that..

Peg

Ok, that's totally fine with me! Idon't mind a bit! I'll do whatever it takes to be sure mygirl is safe and sound and healthy enough for the trip. :D

Latest posts

Back