from inside to outside and back again...?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelle

Reaction score
hi everyone...
you guys helped me out a while ago when i was asking about taking my bunny outside for walks!
well, about a month ago i built an outdoor hutch for oreo, and with allthe extra space, he just loves it! however, he still insists on gettinghis daily romp in the grass... =)
oreo was a house rabbit before he was moved outside (relocated due tofamily allergies). i'm debating whether or not to bring him back toschool with me in september. on one hand, he'll probably get a lot morehuman attention, but on the other, he'll be in a smaller space, nooutdoor air and definitely a lot less excitement. However, on the otherother hand, i'm not so sure he'd enjoy a canadian winter outdoors(although the hutch can be completely weather-sealed, of course)...
what do you guys think?

-michelle

It can get pretty darn cold in my part of thecountry, too. Oreo would probably beokay.....physically. How much attention would heget? How much attention do you want him to get?....... Would he be safe at school? Other peoplewouldn't torment him? Lots of things to considerhere. Guess I'm not much help.

hey hey again.
sorry i guess i wasn't really that clear!
by taking oreo to school i mean in my apartment... i live by myself, sohe keeps me company. up until now, he's been strictly a house rabbit. iwould totally love to take him back with me, however, i get this vibefrom him that he really enjoys being outdoors in his hutch. there'smore room to frisk around, dig, etc... and it's already weather-sealedfrom the rain. for the winter all i'd have to do is completely enclosehis 'house' and allow a little airflow in his 'backyard'.
so i'm torn. i want what's best for him, and i want to make sure thatwhatever decision i make, he'll be happy - even if that means leavinghim home... because even if i do leave him at home, i know he'll stillget bundles of attention from my sister...
so, as i said... i'm completely torn...

Your rabbit? Does he love and kissyou? Guess where I would say he belongs? Spend asmuch time as you can with him, because we don't know what the futurehas in store for him, or for you, for that matter.

Buck

I would bring him with you to school.He would get really lonely outside all winter by himself when he is soused to interacting with you. Keep him out there for thesummers, but I am sure he would be much happier with you than outsideall alone all winter. JMHO Donna

I would take him to your apartment. I bet he'dgive up the grass to have a couch to cuddle on in a heart beat. I havetwo rabbits living with me in my apartment and they are happy littleguys.

I think you should bring Oreo withyou.Is there anything better after a hard day, than to comehome toyour bunn.How many friends can melt yourheart and crack you upby simply jumping in the air?

Tina

If you took him with you, you could always takehim out for walks on a lead to a local park. You'd have towatch out for dogs and things though.

dajeti2 wrote:
I think you should bring Oreo with you.Is thereanything better after a hard day, than to come home toyourbunn.How many friends can melt your heart and crack youupby simply jumping in the air?

Tina
Oh, Tina ... you are so, so right.

=)
i guess everyone's pretty unanimous with that thread!
Thanks for all the opinions guys...
much appreciated!

Hi Michelle,

By the sounds of it, your little one will get love wherever he goes.I'd take him with me as I like what Dajeti2 said about having him thereat the end of the day.

As long as he's protected from the weather, (wind, rain, snow in hishutch), and has plenty of hay and an area to stay warm, many rabbitscan be fine in the cold weather.

Sounds like you really want him with you. I'm sure he'll be happywherever you are. (Personally, I love having a snowy day and looking atmy rabbits running around inside the house.) :)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back