From Hutch Life to House Life?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoolia

Reaction score
I’m preparing to adopt another outdoor bunny from a friend as her showing career comes to an end this fall. She’s the most adorable rabbit I have EVER seen and I’m so grateful that my friend is willing to give her to me!
You’d think I wouldn’t feel so nervous about adopting another adult/senior rabbit. She’ll be my 9th bunny (counting past and present buns) but for some reason getting her feels different? I’ve gotten just about every rabbit for a reason or a purpose, and only one simply because I wanted him. I really want this doe just for the sake of having her. I want to shower her with love!! But she’s not very well socialized and is very shy around all people, never been in a house before.
How can I make her transition as smooth as possible? She’s 6 or 7 years old (i think) and has spent her entire life in the same hutch, like my other rabbit Muffin, and he seems to be depressed since moving indoors and I don’t want that to happen to this sweet girl too.

He may just be lonely. I feel your best bet with your new bunbun is when you bring her home place her in a cage with the door open. Let her come out and check out the surroundings on her terms. Rabbits are curious creatures once comfortable but be aware that it will take time. Maybe have your boy be out and about so she can see it's safe.

Back