Fright of my life last night ..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
I went outside to put Ben and Mookie away last night and their run is covered with a tarpaulin. I folded this back and climbed in and got got their water bottle to refresh. When I was inside the phone went and it was my Mum worrying about my step father. Once I'd sorted her out I stepped out onto the patio only to be greeted by both rabbits sat there surrounded by blood !! The snow was freshly red all around them.

I was horrified and thought at first that they had been fighting, but after double checking both rabbits .. their bottoms, mouths, ears, paws and all over, there was no blood !! Then I spotted cat paw prints leading up to the run ..and another set leading in another direction.

The only conclusion I can come to from this is that a cat got into their run and the rabbits attacked it !!!

This happened in the 10 minutes or so that I left them without cover .. (which I wont do again obviously) ...

:shock::shock:

Wow..I would have freaked out myself!..lucky the bunnies were ok.

I wonder what had happened between the bunnies and cat?

Wow! In a way I love these stories since a big misconception about rabbits is that they are defenseless. Way to go Ben and Mookie!

Sorry you got a scare though!

I've just checked them again and as I said, no marks on them, nothing. I wont be leaving alone without the cover off any more can tell you. I guess I was lucky, but I thank heavens that Ben (probably) is such a little bully boy that he stuck up for his Princess (Mookie!)

wow...scary. this is a lesson to remind everyone to be careful even if its for a moment

That's really frightening, but at the same time a little funny. No one really expects rabbits to attack, well, anything.

If you can, you should also maybe ask around to see who owns the cat, or at least have them keep an eye out for it. It may need medical attention if it was bleeding.

Wow!

I am glad Ben and Mookie are safe... but that scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail comes to mind...

"Oh, you think it is just a harmless little bunny. It's got a vicious streak a mile wide..."

After dealing with Grace my Checkered Giant, I have a whole new respect for rabbits myself. That cat probably won't be back to visit after getting his butt beat...my dog Bridget loved to chase my Shetland Pony Neffie until Neffie got tired of it and gave Bridget double barrels to the chest.

My mini Mercy beat the snot out of a Rottweiler mix that cornered her at a farm we briefly boarded at.

Survival of the fittest - congrats Ben and Mookie! Stay safe -

Denise

Latest posts

Back