Friday

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
happy leap year!:pinkbouce:

Coooold and sunny here. Supposed to get snow starting around the time we go home....oh joy.

Our doggie, Lilah, had to go to our vet last night. The wound on her ear was starting to show beginnings of infection. :(
He said the vet that first saw her should have done a better job at cleaning it and then should have put in at least 5 stitches. Too late for stitches now, and he wants to let it heal as is.
He cleaned it, removed all the scabbing, shaved the fur around it, put a collar/hood on her, gaveus more oral antibiotics, gave us stuff to clean and treat it.......and only charged us for the meds.....$22!!!
The bill he gave usto givethe other dog's owner comes to almost $300. They're not going to be happy.....but so what. The animal control officer told us that the owner is liable for all damages since his dog was running loose.
NJ happens to be one of the few states that has laws covering dogs attacking other animals, too.

And Chippy is being a little turd!!:grumpy:
She's been trashing her cage for over a week now.
She's bit me at least 10 times since last Saturday.
She being very vocal and charges at me when I have to mess with her stuff.
This morning, when I went to put her filled food bowl in her cage, she took it out of my hand and flung it across the pen.
She's ripped her blankie to shreds and keeps putting it in her water bowl.
She's been digging the litter out of her pan as fast as I can put it in.
And she GLARES at me like this is all my fault.

I'm sorry about the dog! I hope she gets better! I'm glad the other dog owner has to pay - that's only right!

Poor Chippy! you've really done something to upset her!

WOW! Thats great they only charged you for the meds. Always nice when that happens! I hope the ear cleans up without further problems!

What happened to make her throw such a fit? Sounds like she is really ticked.

My first thought about Chippy's behavior......false pregnancy.

She's had them before, but not since I moved her cage and added on the pen.
I gave her back the sleepy box she had before, but that didn't make her any happier.

Maybe she's just a bit disoriented and frustrated that she doesn't have the same setup to build herself a nest.

The only thing she's not doing to convince me of false pregnancy....is pulling fur.

:?

Latest posts

Back