Friday it's here!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
Well, it's Friday. I am sitting here trying to wake up. I didn't get enough sleep last night and I have a ton to do. I'm sore from working horses and cleaning them for 3.5 hours yesterday - and I'll have to do it again today. (that's along with the other stuff I do around the house and barn)....

The kids help but it takes all of us to get it all done. We're having my sister inlaw put some saddles on Dakota so I get him ready and brush him down and all that for her. It saves time for her and she's got much less than I do.

So... that's pretty much what I've been doing. Hutch building starts tonight also.. poor Tony :(

Well I didn't go into work this morning because I had to take my tire in to get fixed. I thought I'd get to sleep in... ya right I woke up 15 minutes later than I normally do, lol. Anyways, we got about 1-2" of snow last night and it was SLIPPERY! I am lucky I made it to the tire shop because that dinky little spare couldn't grip at all. Anyways, hopefully it will be done in an hour. *fingers crossed and bunny socks on for good luck, he he*

Oh I love Alberta, we've had about a 70*F drop in temperature since Sunday, LOL. Just when I thought Spring was here, winter blasts us another one.

Now I'm just hoping the next 4 days are uneventful.

Well, I'm bringing Rex in for a vet visit, then bringing my teen sis and her friend to dinner and the mall for a birthday shopping trip. So much for a day off :pullhair:

YAY! They fixed my tire! They showed me the bolt they took out and told me I was lucky it didn't ruin my tire. :shock:Thank goodness because with the way the roads were today, I needed those winter tires.

The bolt is about 8 inches long!

Anyways, so far today is looking okay, those bunny socks must have done it. ;)

m.e., I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news with Rex!

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
told me I was lucky it didn't ruin my tire.
Very lucky. Good thing something that long went in straight and not at an angle. At an angle, the sidewall could of been damaged meaning the tire would of been ruined.

No snow yet. But the wind sure feels cold.

m.e. wrote:
So much for a day off
I am taking this Sunday off work. It's the second time I took a day off work. :D The last time was the Sunday on the Easter long weekend.

However, I will be busy still. On Saturday evening I was invited to a Banquet to represent the Mah Society, and they told me to bring my camera.;) Then on the25th, I am booked for another banquet which is a fundraiser.

So much for days off .... :p

Wow, very lucky with that tire!

Was a long day at work mainly because we were slow. Plus it was a nice day outside and I was getting cabin fever. Must finish packing as my ride will be here in 30 mins, going to a rabbit show this weekend (both Saturday and Sunday).

Chinese for supper tonight and tomorrow night. Who knows where we will crash for dinner on Sunday. :D

~ Amanda ~

xeofsw.jpg

You should have real Chinese food like this. This is what it is like when I go out to eat.

Have fun at the Rabbit show. Are you showing or are you writing? ;)

There is a rabbit show next week in Calgary (3 hours from our place), but I won't be able to make it to that one. But in August we have a local Quad show which is lots of fun.

Stan, I find the fish on the one plate very creepy! LOL.

I wont be going to that show either. I was debating it but I'd rather stay home with the bunnies while I have some time off to enjoy it and spoil them rotten before school starts again. Plus, my friend is moving to Red Deer on the 27th for her 8 month work term and I've hardly seen her since I left! So I definitely have to meet up with her before she heads out of town.

I plan to make it to the August show this year, but I guess we'll see how my exam schedule looks when it gets closer.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
xeofsw.jpg

You should have real Chinese food like this. This is what it is like when I go out to eat.
now tell us what everything is....pleeeeze :p

So I finally got home and took a picture of the bolt that was in my tire. Everyone at work saw it and was amazed, lol! (My dad asked me to keep it so he could see it, lol.)

tirebolt.jpg

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
So I finally got home and took a picture of the bolt that was in my tire. Everyone at work saw it and was amazed, lol! (My dad asked me to keep it so he could see it, lol.)

tirebolt.jpg

:faint:

Ewwwww those fish are beyond creepy!!!

I can't do much on the Chinese food thing.... close as I come is I love bourbon chicken from Asian Chow. That with veggie fried rice..... YUM!

Uhhh That bolt is wicked! glad it didn't kill your tire!

What a weekend!

No, I don't show anymore. Instead I'm just the designated writer for the beau.

Didn't get Chinese on Friday night like planned. (yes! chinese two nights in a row didn't excite me too much)

On Saturday the Polish and Creme D'Argents held their national show. I believe the Polish came to around 1100 rabbits and the Cremes had somewhere around 150. At one point the Open Polish were on 4 tables at once trying to get done. Finally got out of the showroom around 7 pm, just in time for the chinese buffet that closed the buffet at 7:30. As far as the chinese photos ya posted, PB.... I'll pass!

Yesterday was the all breed show, not sure how many were there but we were done by 4. However, with all the talking and eating we didn't leave the town the show was held until 7:30. Late arrival home... came home fed the animals, checked e-mail and crashed for the night!

Think it might take a few days to recoop. LOL!

~ Amanda ~

Latest posts

Back