Fresh scented Yesterday's News.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbit Hero

Reaction score
Hey guys! We had a car yesterday so we stocked up on pet supplies. I bought two bags of Yesterday's News and when we got it home my boyfriend realized one of the bags was fresh scented. We won't be able to return it due to the lack of a car, so I'm hoping someone here knows if it is still safe for the rabbits or not?

As long as they're not inclined to eat it it should be fine. Some bunnies may have a bad respiratory reaction to it though. You could try adding a small handful of it to the normal stuff and if there's no bad reactions add a bit more the next time. That way you're not shocking them with it outright. Then again, they may not even want to use the litterbox with the fresh scented stuff in it, bunnies can be funny that way.

I find that as long as they have plenty of fresh hay they wont eat it. I was also thinking about possibly "airing" it out some how to see if I can get the smell out. I'll try mixing it in with their normal litter and see how it goes.

Thanks!!

You probably could air it out.
I've had to air out my pine pellets because the smell was over whelming. I put them in a bin and left the top off and shook them around everyday. I've also found that if you leave them in the car trunk in the heat, it gets the smell out of them. But if you guys don't have a car, then that won't work! haha. Could you put them in the sun or in a hot area?

:yeahthat: Putting them in the heat will help get rid of the smell! I have a book that I got from bookmoot, and it smells like cigarette smoke! *gag* So my mom suggested me putting it in the sun! The book is already coming apart, so I thought the sun would just ruin it (but the smell is fading, and I can only smell it if I put my face in the crack) So putting it in the heat, but not sun, would work, too.

I never would have thought to put it in the sun! I wonder if I could just rip the top off of the bag and leave it on my front porch on a nice sunny day when I can watch the weather? Excellent idea! Thanks guys I would have hated toi have lost a perfectly good bag of litter!

Latest posts

Back