Frenchie & Oreo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dootsmom

Reaction score
Frenchie and Oreo

I awoke this morning and I'll tell you what I saw,
There was Frenchie standing, yes standing, by the door.

His head was high, and his back was straight,
he begged me: "Please, please open the gate"!

As I open the door he was out in a flash,
it's a sure bet he'd win the 50 yard dash!

I could see the joy in this rabbit as he leapt for the sun,
he zigged and he zagged, he was having so much fun.

Oreo followed him and tried as she would,
to fly through the air as only Frenchie could.

Oh, to see them frolick, to watch them play,
they bring a smile to my face as they brighten the day.

They're eating my flowers! They're eating my plants!
Oh dear, are they diggng to China or perhaps, to France?

There goes Frenchie, running in a circle, with Oreo close behind.
Could they be thinking of the Lilies on which they've just dined?

The holes can be filled and the flowers I can replace,
but never their jubilence, that I've been privileged to face.

Then dismally, I thought of what Winter will bring,
Will they remember the garden till Spring?

by Chatlotte

A++

That was beautiful! I've always been in awe of people that can write like you. This was so much fun!

Thanks, Charlotte, for sharing another special gift of yours.

-Carolyn

Charlotte, Thank you for sharing withus. I could almost picture your buns out in the gardenenjoying themselves. You make writing seem so easy and it isnot for some of us. It makes mewish that I had aplace for my 2 buns to run and play outside!I havea yard butno fence so mine go outside a few times a yearwearing their harness and leash. Thanks again. Beckie

Hi Becky, I felt bad when I read your post. I knowhow much you want to see your guys run and play too. Just a suggestion:Lawn & Garden stores sell metal fencing, that's almost 2 feet tall,that you stick in the ground. It's about $5 for 10' and 2 of them wouldserve your needs (get more for a bigger area). Surround the fencingwith chicken wire that's 2 feet tall. Buy a roll of plant wire toattatch the chicken wire to the fencing. I did this with my front yardin the areas that didn't have regular fencing. It is workingbeautifully. I'm not worried about the height of the fence because I'mout there with them. It's light weight and easy to mow around (under).Just something to think about. :D
Charlotte

You are so sweet and please do not feelbad. My 2 have fun indoors running and jumping onthings. Thank you for the suggestion of the fencing, I willlook into that. I have not bothered with fencing here becauseI have changed jobs and I work in another county. I amconsideringselling my housetomove closer. The other county is morerural and the next house that I buy will be more bunnyfriendly! Imagine, buying a house with certain requirementsfor pet bunnies! Actually, the next house will meet my needsmore by having a better setup for keeping bunnies. Thanksagain for sharing your writing talents with us. Have youpublished anything? Talk to you soon Beckie:)

Latest posts

Back