French lop??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKGS

Reaction score
I posted her pics in the other thread but am questioning what she really is, besides cute. I am trying to learn my breeds of rabbits but the lops confuse me alot ( besides the english lops). Here she is: Could she be a French Lop? Mom is a little over 10 pounds and she is bigger than Abby (my Lionhead) who is 14-15 weeks old. This one is 8 1/2 weeks old.

IMG_2329.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

The closest thing to purebred she could be is a French Lop. I'm not real sure they commonly come in Harlequin though. She is most likely a lop mix.

Her body shape looks just like our Rudy. He is a French lop (We call him a "FLop" lol). I especially think so because of the shape of her ears and they way they touch the ground, definitely much too large to be holland. And usually the Mini Lops have a bit narrower head.

As others have said, I've never seen a harlequin lop before. She's just gorgeous!

The lop names are misleading, aren't they? Here is how it goes:

The Holland Lop is the smallest (usually 3-4 lbs), and is considered a dwarf breed.

Next is the Mini Lop (topping out at around 6 lbs),

then the French Lop (10-14 lb),

and the English Lop (can't remember the max weight, but they've got those gorgeous loooong ears, so I don't think we'll confuse them with other breeds. ;) )

Yes shes definetly has Frenchie in her. When you "bunch her up" does she resemble a basketball shape on her body? You should take her down to one of your local Rabbit Shows and talk to a judge, they will tell you everything. :)

Yeah. Lol. She is pretty round when she is bunched up. She is just barely smaller than the holland lop I had when I was younger. He was a little guy and she already is bigger than Abby, my lionhead.

CKGS wrote:
Yeah. Lol. She is pretty round when she is bunched up. She is just barely smaller than the holland lop I had when I was younger. He was a little guy and she already is bigger than Abby, my lionhead.
Yep, and she's got a lot of growing to do!

Latest posts

Back