french lop litter, only 3 kits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HototMama

Reaction score
ok, so my french lop just had 3 black kits. now i have been breeding rabbits for years now but this is my first french lop litter and i know that they are known for having lots of kits? but i have never heard of a french lop only having 3 kits. this IS the does first litter so maybe that is why? :rabbithop

she had 2 more but 1 was stillborn and the other had a deformed leg so i had to put it down.

ya, but it still seams small. i am not sure if she is done yet. i was hoping for some broken colors (the still born and the deformed kits where broken) but oh well :eek:hwell:
Dam is Black and Sire is Broken Chestnut

lol, well was i wrong. went out this morning and she had 4 more kits! looks like 4 black, 2 broken black, and 1 broken chestnut.

and here i was thinking that the 50/50 thing when you breed a solid to a broken was a bunch of crap. lol

take a look at these cuties :)
pizap.com14006952601471.jpg

pizap.com14006954022761.jpg

I call the broken choco chestnut!! I love Frenchies. Such good buns. Havent met one that I didnt like. Well......there was that one moody doe but she was prego and I couldnt blame her for that.

I can't wait until I have a job so I can buy more cages to house buns. I want more breeds! I always see a bun breed and think, I want one! Someday I WILL get dwarf hotots, one tan, and maybe a lop. But I see those cuties and want them!

Latest posts

Back