French and Holland lops

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Echo

Reaction score
I'm sure to people who keep lops the difference is obvious, but I have never had lop rabbits before, and am collecting a pair in about 2 weeks, they are 7 weeks old right now. I was just wondering how to tell if they are holland or french lops.

They are being sold as just 'lops', yes in a pet shop, but probably the best shop I have ever seen, and the owner is a young girl who is very knowledgeable about them and breeds them herself, only occasionally as she is so fussy about homing, so they are the friendliest little things there are. She probably knows what they are but I forgot to ask :?and the shop is really far away to ask

They defo aren't english lops, I can tell that much ;)

The mum was a medium sized rabbit... Her babies were holding their ears both up and down depending on their activity. They could be mixes, I saw a buck there but forgot to ask if he was the sire. The mum has a mix of white, brown and harlequin markings, so will it just be pot luck on what size the babies will grow to?

I know french adults grow bigger than holland, but I dont know if the mother was fully grown, though I assume based on how caring the owner was that she wouldn't breed before 9 months old.

Thanks for any help :)

Edit.. I guess they could be dwarf lops? lol I've never seen them here before, so i'm not sure how big they get.. * goes looking for size comparison pictures*

Latest posts

Back