Fred the BunBun, we will miss and love you

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The-Family-O

Reaction score
I'm somewhat at a loss here... It's like one of those things where you always think that it won't affect you so much, but then when it happens you're numb and confused and hurting so much that sometimes you feel as if you can't breathe.

We only had Fred in our lives for what would have been a month yesterday. Which is my son's birthday.

I wasn't planning on getting Fred. Actually, the person I got him from and I kept missing each other so much, I pretty much gave up on the idea of him as a gift to my son. And that's when she called and asked if I could get him that night. It was the day before my son's birthday, and it worked because I could tell him I 'forgot' to get him something.

The following day, we walked in and everyone was excited! LOOK AT THE NEW BUNNY! Awww, he's so cute. Look, he has blue eyes. Can we touch him? And that was just my girls. Jade looked sad, because he thought we forgot to get him something. So I told him to go ahead and pet him. He walked over, shrugged, put his head down and proceeded to pet Fred. I could tell they hit it off, and I walked up behind my son and said 'Happy Birthday', he turned around and had such a glow on his face. "You mean he's mine?! REALLY!?".

Fred and Jade were pretty much inseparable, except when my son had to go to his dad's house. He was just allowed to have him in his bedroom. I would carry him in, set him down, and they would play. Since Fred couldn't get into anything or chew any wires, I knew it would be safe, but I would go in and check every few minutes. One time I went in and they were laying down together. Then I went in again, and was informed that Fred 'couldn't hold it in' lol. I apologized and said that he is litter box trained and didn't even think about it.

As for me, I have a lot of pets because I can't have any more children. So they take the place of that, and warm my heart. Fred was my 'wild child', but he was also my little guy. I would joke about how I wanted to make him a little red coat with a pocket watch like from the disney version of alice in wonderland. now i'll make it as a memorial to him...

I have a bunch of pictures I want to resize, so I will come back to do that maybe tonight.

I'm so sorry you lost Fred. Bunnies seem to be able to make a large impression on people's lives so quickly, and their loss is so much whether they've been around for years or months. My second bunny passed a year ago due to a freak accident and i'd had her for only 5 months from baby to 6 months old.

I'm glad you have other animal babies to comfort you through this. :bunnyangel:

I'm so sorry. Although he was only with you for a short time, he was very much loved. Binky free, Fred.

sorry to hear of your loss
binky free Fred :angelandbunny:

Back