Found the problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnybunbunb

Reaction score
So, I have posted about howmean and annoying she has gotton the last 2 weeks. Anyone want to take a guess at why?

Today at 6 PM she had two babies. So when she moved the floor and got in with Keebler they odviously had some fun.... So, if you did not think siblings needed to be seperated before 3 months then you should know. She JUST turned 4 months old 2 weeks ago so she got pregnant at 3 months old. I never would had expected it, I knew it could but it is not very comman as far as I have saw.

I shall get pictures laters. There is a very nicely dutch marked agoutidoe and the other, which is agouti,I did not check it's gender. She did not pull much fur so I do not want them out of the nest long.

Wow..she sure sprunga surprise on ya

Aw well alteast they've been born to someone capable. I've heard so many horror stories about people buying rabbits (and other animals for that matter) at pet stores and having babies later on and not being able to keep them/provide for them. Anywho, congrats! Can't wait for baby pictures

Congratulations - look forward to seeing the pictures!

Denise

This morning I found a third by it's self but in fur and warm, sad part is it is a peanut. However, it is a very healthy and well develeped peanut. I have had one of my only peanuts born make it to 4 weeks and act just as healthy as the rest, I had a friend get the same result as well as stories of them taking it as long as 8 months. Maybe it will pull through for a while, it did not eat much when she fed this morning but it is not skinny. The only things that let me know it was a peanut was bulgey eyes and super tiny ears, the rets of it's body is well in porportion and healthy looking.

So we have one dutch marked agouti and two not marked?(I see no white) agoutis - one normal one peanut. I really can not believe how great the marked one is. Uber suprize since Dillan is only half dutch with only white toes. But the Vienna mixing with the dutch made had made the greatness.

And the feasting begins. I thought she was eating a lot before, well now she is gorging. I can't keep hay or pellets in her pen for her eating it all in no time.

She has lots of milk so the three babies should thrive. I have wanted a litter raised inside again(last was Moussey and her brother so 16/17 months ago), but not in this manner, not from a non-breeder.

I will try and get pictures soon, I am a bit busy with the pup I resently rescued from my horrid family. Got to get him well and rehomed, asap.

Sorry that it has taken me so long. I am not good from promises, nor do I easily do what I say I will - even if I say it with good intentions.:(

Grey dutch marked doe, not sure yet if it is from the dutch gene or the vienna gene since Dillan carries dutch and Keebler vienna.

11138_235567584408_505359408_4186214_3278344_n.jpg

Silver Martin dutch/viennamarkbuck(Keebler's sire is Silver Martin so it is possible :p), he has some some toes and a small white diamond on his forhead.

11138_235567579408_505359408_4186213_5992202_n.jpg

Their peanut sibling died before they even hit a week old, sadly. Reast In Peace little guy.

awwww they are so cute. I guess its good she didnt have a huge liter being a first time mom / accidental pregnancy. I bet the babies are very loved and spoiled.

Keep us updated on the little guys. Baby bunny pictures are my favorite! :bunnyheart

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but do you know the exact birth date of the doe, or is her age just a guess?
She was born July 9th this year :) I know for sure, no question. So she did get pregnant at 3 months old... well 3 1/2 months I guess, if I remember right.

Those babies are adorable! Wow, I was looking at the first baby's body and it looks like a perfect half of each color :biggrin2:

Back