Found new flooring

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirbyultra

Reaction score
I've been thinking what I could do about my rabbit room lately because I feel bad that the bunners have to run around on pretty solid ground and minimal traction. I have a few cotton throw rugs but they're pretty small and I bought them because they were fairly cheap and I could wash them. Penny was peeing like a monster for a while so I needed to be able to clean them. The problem is drying these rugs -- takes like 2 days in the sun or the dryer would be running for hours before it's 100% dry.

I stumbled across yoga mats for $6.99 today and I bought a green one for the buns. It's easily cleaned with a wet cloth and I can roll it away if necessary. I think I really like this! It's soft and just plushy enough to provide traction under their feet. The only thing I am worried about if whether or not Kirby will take to munching on the mat one day. I thought I'd share the idea if anyone had a hallway and wanted to get something for their bun to run down. I like it better than a carpet runner simply because I am not really a fan of cleaning carpet.

If Kirby doesn't eat the mat, I'll get another one and put it in their pen so they can use it at night (I close their pen at night so they can only access the left side of the room).

DSC_0901.jpg

I also have a hallway that connects the rabbit room to the living room. The path is covered with foam children's play mats. It's all fine and dandy but Kirby does chew on the little foam "teeth" that grips one mat to the next and it's a pain to take apart and put back together when I need to vacuum and mop under there. I might get a couple suitable colors (not neon green :p) to replace the mats if this works out :)

Well, somebunny started to chew on the mat so that's not good. I watered down some vinegar and soaked a towel with that. Then wiped the mat with the towel... That seems to keep them from chewing on it so far!

Why thank you :)

Well, so much for the yoga mat idea. The vinegar worked for most of the afternoon. By evening they were both chomping on the mat. I have some holes in it already. No more of that, I rolled it up and put it away :(

I guess it's a good idea if you know for sure your buns are not chewers!

I also tried the yoga mat idea a few months ago because Sabrina is in a long and narrow hallway. She did the same things and I am still finding bits!

I went to Wal Mart and bought an indoor/outdoor runner for 9.99 it solved my traction problems fairly easily.

What about those plastic/rubber bumpy things that you put so things don't slip - like shelf covering (if you know what I'm talking about from that description you're a mind-reader) That description sucks, but I have no other way to describe in until I can find a picture

Here's a picture: http://www.hdaccessory.com/servlet/the-1556/Black-Foam-Non-Anti/Detail

Could that be used or would they chew those too?

I know for sure my boy would chew on that! It's a good idea though. I don' tknow about its price per foot when compared to a cheap, thin style yoga mat. I think those things are shelf liners.

yoga mats CAN be expensive. Some brands, depending on finish, thickness, and where you buy it can vary. I just bought the cheapest thing that I happened to see in a discount outlet store :)

Latest posts

Back