Found bunny: what breed is this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elle523

Reaction score
As explained in a posts in the general rabbitchat ("Rabbits Only"), I found this bunny. I would like to know what breed it is so I can guess how old it is and how big it will get.

Please help!

162603309_6cad627d0c.jpg

162494964_6930573056.jpg

162494955_4a504448be.jpg

Well, by the size of the ears I would go with(depending on how old) a flemish giant but take a look on arba.net andsee who matches up!

if its a giant shes in for it!

need a much much much muuuuuuuccccchhh bigger cage.

i myself would be thrilled to know that the bunny i found was a giant.

and i was thinking a flemish giant too, but im not good with bunny breeds

a giant? oh good lord....i'm somewhat scared. how big do they grow? i'm alreadyplanning to build/buy a bigger cage. my secret hope was that this bunny was going to say the same size.

how long do bunnies grow for?

We'd better wait for one of the Breeder moderators to jump in here.

But s/he sure looks like a very young baby to me, so you've gotfive or six months of growth ahead of you. (12if s/he's a Flemish).

If its any consolation, most of the regs on this board believe that 'bigger is better'. The larger bunnies are said to havebetter dispositions. :) Flemish are aboard favourite. Dwarfs and mini's are cute, but they're a handful.

sas et al (just standing in for a breeder, I haven't a clue, myself!)

Doing my morning rounds of the board... sorry it took so long, I tend to start from the bottom and work my way up. :embarrassed:

:ponder:

You know, it looks an awful lot like the New Zealand baby I had back in high school... but I doubt it's a purebred. It's ears seem to be more narrowed and pointed than the wider and more roundedear that is typical for the lop breeds. It does appear to be rather young... I'd say closer to the 5-8 week mark,but I'd say it's safe to sayit's not older than 9 weeks.

I would say be prepared for a medium "aka large"sized rabbit... about 8-10 pounds.

And yes, the larger breeds do tend to have better dispositions... so don't let the size scare ya :cool:.

~Sunshine

If it's no more than 9 weeks, should I cut out the vegetables? I'll start giving it more alphalfa, but he's had a mix of broccoli, carrots, and collard greens for the last three days. Some pills are a little lighter in color than others,but they are about the same size and firmness. He just gets so excited about his veggies.

Disposition-wise, he's very timid, but he doesn't bite at all.

You have gotten some good responses on the other thread in regards to diet.

The only thin I personally would have said is to use Timothy hay instead of Alfalfa. Alfalfa is high in protein whereas Timothy is fiber. Too much protein in a babies diet could cause intestinal issues.

I agree though... a good staple of quality pellet feed (not the ones with the "goodies") and unlimited fresh water and Timothy is a very good start.

Veggies in moderation shouldn't hurt... but just keep in mind, he's got a little tummy, so give a fewlittle cubes or so at a time. ;)

~Sunshine

naturestee wrote:
I'm guessing a lop because of those big round ears.:D

"Lop" also came to my mind because of the coat, color and ears. Looking forward to more pictures as this baby ages!

Pam

It's not a Flemish, boen structure is too small, and they don't come in white w/tan ears, LOL. Cutie, though! Where did you find him/her?

gentle giants wrote:
It's not a Flemish, boen structure is too small, and they don't come in white w/tan ears, LOL. Cutie, though! Where did you find him/her?

It was running lose around my street then my backyard.

Pipp wrote:
Maybe you have a baby BabyBunnyWrigley! That would be awesome!

Wow! BabyBunnyWrigley even has a spot right by his nose like mine! How big is your baby? He's awfully cute.

BabyBunny Wrigley is probably what mine will look like in the future. The shape of the head and body is about the same, as well as the facial features. However, I think Acorn's ears are a little rounder, but that may just be the angle of the picture.

Totally adorable!! I see a brown spot near his nose. How big is he now? Maby it's a very young lop whith broken colors . It could be just a mix bun. I've not gotton all of my eyes on books on every rabbit breed as I work whith more of mini rex.
Could be a baby flemish giant.

elle523 wrote:

As explained in a posts in the general rabbit chat ("Rabbits Only"), I found this bunny. I would like to know what breed it is so I can guess how old it is and how big it will get.

Please help!

162603309_6cad627d0c.jpg

162494964_6930573056.jpg

162494955_4a504448be.jpg

Latest posts

Back