Foreign Language

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyscove

Christina - Moderator
Reaction score
Other than English (and bunny), what do you speak? You don't need to be fluent.

Sorry, I would have added a longer list, but I can only pick so many for the poll.

Personally, I'm in my 3rd year of high schoolSpanish. I like actually speaking it, but not learningtenses, accents, spelling, etc. and certainly not being tested onit. I actually had it for 9 years before high school, butlearned basically nothing due to a lack of a good teacher. Idon't want to take AP, so I'm dropping it next year in favor of takingtwo sciences.

It is my dream to learn German.

I am soooo jealous of people who are multi-lingual :bow

My church is bilingual, and so I understand a fair amount of 'churchGreek' ;) And if I'm hearing it spoken I can usually follow writtenGreek as well.

I know enough Romanian to find my way around the city, and enoughAmharic (Ethiopia) to carry on a very brief conversation, provided I'mmostly saying "Thank you" :lol

I took German for 7 years, but I'm not saying Ispeak it well. But I can watch movies without reading the subtitlesmost of the time.

Well I'm doing French forGCSE now, andI'm considering it for A Level (depends on grades and stuff, eitherthat or physics - might do both and drop one because you can't reallydo 5).

AndI have some Irish too.:)

Ihave studiedFrench for 5yearsand like Michaela I amdoing it for GCSE.Ialso speak some German which I studied for one year and alittle Italian (which I picked up from my sister who speaks itfluently) and a tiny bit of Latin from when I was made tostudyit for 2 years ( a long time ago:shock:), I onlyremember one thing - Canus est in horto, The dog is in the garden. Twoyears well spent.:wink:laugh:

I took 3 years of Spanish in HS. LikeMissycove, but that was moons ago, and if you don't use it ya loseit. I remember some stuff. I actually liked thetenses. Still know em. Nouns I have forgotten alotof though. I had a great teacher who was from Cuba.

What language does everyone think was really hard to learn (Englishincluded)? I know a guy who is from Vietnam who knows 4languages and he said that Japenese is really hard as they speak inpresent tense for everything:shock:.

I often wish I could speak a second language. Ilive in Ottawa, a bilingual city (English/French) but barely understandFrench beyond the odd word here and there.

My son once teased me about it too...I was dogsitting for my sister andbrother-in-law, and my bil is French. So Nikki, their dog, was spokento in French and knew only French commands. She was a big, nasty(female dog term edited) of a dog too, and so the weekend I agreed todogsit I stayed overnight at their home with my son. When it came timefor me to go to bed, there was Nikki, sprawled out across thebedspread. I tried everything to move her, temptation (dog cookies),threats (*MOVE, DA**IT!!!*), and pleading (*Nikki...pleeeeze get offthe bed??!*). She just looked at me and growled. Finally I triedspeaking to her in her language. I raised my voice and pointed at her,saying, "Cochon chien!!! Cochon chien!!" - recalling all the times mybil had been upset with Nikki in the past, telling her she was a 'baddog'. Well, the more I yelled the more upset she got, until finally shecurled back her lips and bared her teeth...a definite 'get the @#!!@outta my face' term in dogspeake. My son had wandered into the room atthat point, and when he heard me futilely yelling at Nikki he beganlaughing. When I turned and asked him what was so funny he looked at meand said, "Mom, no wonder Nikki's getting so mad at you...you'recalling her a pig dog!" Yep...I had confused 'machon chien' (bad dog)with 'cochon chien' (pig dog).

Needless to say, I kinda gave up on my efforts to speak French after that.

Oh, and that night, Nikki snoozed awaycontentedly on the bed.I dragged myself into the living room and slept on the sofa. :?

Je parler français!! il est le plus superbe langue!!! Qui autre parler français?

A tous ceux qui étévers Paris?Je aimer il là dans le été, Je vouloir sur vivre dans français!!

au revoir mon puce!!!!!!

Aimer Anabell :mrsthumper:

PS> i speak a little slovak!!

EDIT: Oh yeahand i'm Irish so i speak that too.....ni maith liom gaeilge!!!ACTUALLY fuath liomgaeilge!!! im terrible at irish i can barely getpastAnabell is ainm dom , cad i s ainm duit? LOL

I do pretty well with Spanish. I livedin Puerto Rico many years ago. I had a few lessons but taughtmyself a lot of words. When I moved to North Carolina, I didnot hear it for about 10 years. Then I took a few collegecourses and learned some things thatI did not know.The courses also refreshed my memory on things thatI hadforgotten. The area thatI live in now has manyLatin Americans, so knowing some Spanish has really helped me in myjob.

I also admire people who are able to speak several different languages. Beckie , Trouble and Trixie

Latest posts

Back