For those of you who've lost a pet this year.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueCamasRabbitry

Reaction score
I am going to begin making the 2008 Rabbits Online Tribute for the bunnies that have passed this year.

I am also going to include any other animal that passed this year, as some of us lost a dog or a cat, but not a rabbit, and I feel everyone on here is apart of this big animal-loving family, and so all animals should be involved in this tribute. I speak for myself, as I lost my dog this past year.

Anyway, if you could, please, post a picture of your pet along with it's name, I would be very glad to include them in this tribute.

I will begin making the video as soon as I have pictures to include in it, and hopefully it will be released on January 1st, 2009.

ETA: I have pictures of the following pets:

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry & BSAR’s Goldie (dog)

BabyBailey’s Willy (foster bun)

Undergunfire’s Spook (rat)

Atorres61472’s Stewie (Bunny)

Becca’s Nibbles (Bunny)

JadeIcing’s Mace (guinea pig)

SnowyShiloh’s Luca (cockatiel)

Undergunfire’s Zaide (cat)

Undergunfire’s Leonidas (rat)

Mikoli’s Ollie (bunny)

BluMagic’s Gracie & George(bunny)

Wabbitdad12 & wabbitmom12’s Lilly (bunny)

Angieluv’s Gabriel (Bunny)

Angieluv’s Babette (bunny)

Wordstoasong’s Twilight & Midnight & Honey

:innocent

Emily

Whilst this is a lovely idea I would suggest talking to the mods first because last year it was a mod done thing (Maybe by Greta?) and I'm sure you don't want to step on any toes, especially if someone has already started/done it, so I would suggest talking to mods and seeing what they have to say about it.

As far as I know nobody has started one. I think you have a great idea. I also had to PTS a dog Sandy. An Halo while he was only a foster he touched my heart and I considered him mine. HAlo

Although this poem leans towards a certain religion, you can transpose it and make it your own. I learned of this poem when our dear Carl, aka Buck Jones, passed away.

I see the countless Christmas trees

around the world below

with tiny lights like Heaven's stars

reflecting in the snow.

The sight is so spectacular

Please wipe away that tear

for I'm spending Christmas

with Jesus Christ this year.

I hear the many Christmas songs

that people hold so dear

But earthly music can't compare

with the Christmas choir up here.

I have no words to tell you

the joy their voices bring

for it's beyond description

to hear the angels sing

I know how much you miss me

Trust God and have no fear

for I'm spending Christmas

with Jesus Christ this year.

I can't tell you of the splendor

or the peace here in this place

Can you imagine Christmas

with our Savior, face to face?

May God uplift your spirit

as I tell Him of your love

Then pray for one another

as you lift your eyes above.

So let your hearts be joyful

and let your spirits sing

For I'm spending Christmas in Heaven

and I'm walking with the King!

Carl and I send our thoughts of love, peace, and joy this year to you and yours here and above.

Sending a shout out to Jan for losing Pernod this year, MBB for losing her Reesie this year, as well as Pandaboy losing her baby, and can't forget Dearest Tiny. Also want to mentionDaytona, an old friend of the forum who has rabbits: Emma, Tucker, and Buster butlost her precious dog this year, and m.e. losing her baby, Rex. Even though Mochi_Ball and jcl_24 didn't lose Fluffy and Bun Bun this year, I wanted to tell them they are also in my thoughts and prayers. You all gave your babies the best life of luxury and love they could've ever had wished for. Bless your hearts!

My heart goes out to all that have lost their Loves this year. Buck is taking good care of all of them until you see them again.

angelcrying.jpg

I don't really have a picture but I was wondering if you could include Frederick - (Fluffball's baby) and Snowdrop :)

What a lovely idea.

Carolyn, that brought tears to my eyes. I really miss Buck too and I wasn't even on RO for long when he went to Heaven. I remember exactly where I was, at work, I cried many tears that day.

Hugs to all who have lost a Dear Companion this year.

Susan:bunnyangel2:

Flashy wrote:
Whilst this is a lovely idea I would suggest talking to the mods first because last year it was a mod done thing (Maybe by Greta?) and I'm sure you don't want to step on any toes, especially if someone has already started/done it, so I would suggest talking to mods and seeing what they have to say about it.

Already done. I asked a mod, can't remember who.....but they said I could go for it....;)

Thanks, Ali. Do you have a picture of Sandy?

Becca, yes of course I will include Frederick...if you don't mind me asking, who is Snowdrop? I will include them both ;)

Alright, make sure to post pictures of the animals you lost this year, so that I can put their pictures in the video ;)

Emily

That's cool, I just mentioned it because a couple of weeks agp I offered to do it and was told that that mod thought someone was sorting it out, that's all. But you've got the all clear and I'm sure you'll do an ace job :)

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Becca, yes of course I will include Frederick...if you don't mind me asking, who is Snowdrop? I will include them both ;)

Alright, make sure to post pictures of the animals you lost this year, so that I can put their pictures in the video ;)

Emily
Snowdrop was that rabbit who wasn't looked after properly that i spent hours trying to tame and lived in horrid conditions :(

Flashy wrote:
That's cool, I just mentioned it because a couple of weeks agp I offered to do it and was told that that mod thought someone was sorting it out, that's all. But you've got the all clear and I'm sure you'll do an ace job :)

That would probably have been me. I asked in November I think.... ;)

Thank you.

Did Snowdrop live with you, Becca? I don't remember hearing about him/her....?

But i will include Snowdrop. :)

Emily

:) I'm sure you'll do a great job. It might be worth looking through all the RB threads from this year because not everyone checks the forum but might still like to see their bun the tribute, and some people might vcome back to see the tribute (I know some did last year) but not be on here now.

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Flashy wrote:

Already done. I asked a mod, can't remember who.....but they said I could go for it....;)

Thanks, Ali. Do you have a picture of Sandy?

023_23.jpg

002_2.jpg

100_2641.jpg

img042.jpg

Latest posts

Back