For those of you who love horses...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenson

Reaction score
Thought I'd share some photos of the horses at the equine centre where I recently started working. It's for holistic horse care, communication and training, and also retraining ex racers etc. It's a great place to work and I'm loving being around horses again. My favourite horse to photograph is the big bay TB, Misty, as I'm sure you will guess from the photos. :D

_MG_2204fRO.jpg

_MG_2186fRO.jpg

_MG_2107fRO.jpg

_MG_2163fRO.jpg

_MG_2019fRO.jpg

_MG_1915tRO.jpg

_MG_2113fRO.jpg

_MG_2170fRO.jpg

_MG_2120RO.jpg

_MG_2151fRO.jpg

_MG_2181fRO.jpg

_MG_2707equRO.jpg

_MG_1929msRO.jpg

_MG_2023fRO.jpg

_MG_2812equRO.jpg

_MG_2192fRO.jpg

_MG_2214fdgRO.jpg

Thanks Fran, I use the Canon 400D. I love it, would recommend it to anyone!

Missycove, yes the horses are all happy, they're very well looked after. Most are rescues and came with some sort of problem and were at risk of being put down, so it's lovely to see them galloping around and having a good time. :)

OMG they are so beautiful, I love watching them run with long flowing hair in the wind.

I sure loved the close up of the cream colored horse. I so want a horsie, I need to find a horse farm near me so I can ride and play with one.

Jak rabbitry I need to hang out at your place since you got the baby horse I can play with. Your only about an hour from me.

fab pics Jenson :DI'm glad you are enjoying it i don't really know much about horses so u can all laugh at me but i like the spotty one best :Dits really beautiful

Absolutely beautiful. Horses are so majestic!

Certain animals are so calming to me. Horses can be one of them. If I am not having to do something like prepare them for show or whatever, I can just hang out and hug on mine - I love it. Even getting them ready isn't always stressful. I love bathing them and brushing them if I have the time and all...

And there are those who think animals don't have intelligent thoughts.....

_MG_2707equRO.jpg

I totally agree Bo! :) A lot of the horses are rescues they need a lot of time spent with them from the ground. Most are lame from injury that would have had them put down, so we do a lot from the ground with them, brushing them, taking them for walks etc. It's really nice just spending time with them. I also get to ride an Icelandic pony which is awesome, he's so comfy!

Getting to know the ex racers and their histories really changed my view on horse racing in the UK. Every ex racer at the centre was about to be put down, and they're all under 6 years old! I see them galloping around or having a good roll and it just makes me so sad to think that they would have been tossed away like junk if there hadn't been someone there willing to take on a "useless" horse with shot tendons etc. :(

How lucky you are to get to work with them; they are wonderful. I love horses, but don't have an opportunity to work with them.

Here's a favorite video of mine - I think it really captures the essence of horses:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVWYMl2yg1E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVWYMl2yg1E[/ame]

Wow Jenson, that's such a scary thought about those poor ex-racers!:?The racing industry is a horrible one.:(A friend of mine at my livery stables owns an ex racehorse and she has had so much trouble with her. She has old head, back and leg injuries from racing not to mention emotional problems.

I really don't know how anybody could mistreat any animal but especially one as gentle and majestic as a horse, it really sickens me.:(

Latest posts

Back