For Those In College: What classes are you taking this semester?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
I am stuck in a remedial math class *gag!* before I can be moved into my regular math class. Other than that, I am taking Mandarin Chinese, English, Theater, Archeology, and I am trying to get into a Shakespeare class, but it's filled at the moment. I wanted Psych, but there are no openings and haven't been any for months. :shock:

It's my freshman year, so I'm taking whatever classes seem cool, have an opening, and go torwards my Gen. Ed. requirements. I need to take Biology and Chemistry, but I can't until I get a credit for my regular math class... which I can't take until I'm out of remedial. So that will be next year. :?

What class are you other college peoples taking this semester? :cool:

I'm taking Principles of Accounting 1 right now. Around here many colleges break Principles of Accounting intoManagerial Accounting and Finical Accounting. Wouldn't you know my college decided in the fall they will be breaking Principles of Accounting into the two courses. So in other words I'm taking a harder course cause I wanted to go to college this summer.:angryrant

I'm working on my fall class schedule and finding complications with my work schedule. So I'm giving up on it for the night and will work on it again tomorrow! LOL!There's no way I'll be able to get my 12 hours...either will have to do 11 or 14 credit hours. Nothing goes my way LOL!

I feel your pain, I'm having the same problem. AND my class scheduling keeps conflicting. I want to take my mandarin chinese, but out of 20 sessions of Shakespeare, only 1 doesn't conflict with the chinese. And of course, all the Shakespeare classes are completely full, so my luck of getting an opening in that exact one, is very little. ARGH!

Recently switched over to an Anthropology major, so I'm taking intro courses this semester (yes, it's technically my senior year, but I won't be done for another three or four semesters :rollseyes:)

Anthropology: The Cultural View
Food and Culture - should be fun!
Human Geography
Holistic Health

I am sooo looking forward to a slightly more relaxed semester this fall :)

Well I'm not in University until the fall but I already have registered in my classes...

I have the typical firstsemester of Engineering:

Chemistry Lecture,Lab, and Seminar: introductory university Chem

Engineering (100)Lecture: orientation Engineering

Engineering (130) Lecture and Lab: Engineering mechanics

Math Lecture and Lab: Calculus 1

Physics Lecture and Lab: wave motion, optics, and sound

Psychology Lab and Lecture: basic psychological processes

Some of my days go from 8 am to 5 pm with at least an hours drive each way. It's going to be one hectic schedule!

MyBabyBunnies, I'm not starting till the fall either, however I have already scheduled my classes too. I wanted to go for Veterinarian, but I am in as an "Undecided" for the first year, until I make up my mind.

My ACT math score was too low, so I wasn'tallowed to get into Freshman math. I have to take the 12 week remedial math, and enroll in Freshman math in the Spring semester, pending that I pass the remedial math. I'm not allowed to schedule Biology until I've been accepted into Freshman Chemistry. I can't get into Freshman Chemistry until I have been accepted into Freshman math. So basically, because of my stupid math, I can't take any of the classes that I NEED to take. So, I am taking classes that I don't need, but will go torwards my general education requirements. Next semester, pending I pass the remedial math, I'll be in freshman math and biology. :rollseyes:

BTW, we are moving in 3 weeks, and right now I am 30 minutes from campus. In 3 weeks, I will be an hour and 30 minutes from campus. 1 hour of that drive is through area that looks like something right out of the movie "Wrong Turn". (Beautiful country area, but nothing but one country road with forest on each side.)

What lovely thoughts for me to have driving everyday. :shock:

I can't leave my bunnies behind so I'm driving with a friend instead of moving into the area with other family members.

As for math, it's my strong subject, I even took a University math course (basic calculus) last semester in high school. I think I finished with a 94% or something but I'm not really sure how, LOL.

Ooooooo, I'd never leave the bunnies behind! My whole family is moving, we bought a place out in the country. I still live with the parentals, much cheaper this way than being on my own while in college. The country town in an hour from my city, and then the university is on the other side of the city, LOL. Long drive, but somewhat purty.

You were good at math? Awww, you suck! *Ducks from flying objects*LOL, just kidding! :D

I was never good at math, and barely made the minimum score to be accepted. I am, however, really good at english (though you may never know it from seeing me type here, LOL), but I got a 28 on my ACT in English, and I took honors courses in it. Wish I were as good in math, but oh well. I have stumped people though, as I suck at math, but was an ace in Chemistry (which involves math...oddly...). I was all A's in Chemistry, and took AP and honors courses, including Advanced Chemistry which was college Chem, in highschool. Aced them all, weird... I love chemistry anyways, though.

It's ok, I suck at english. ;)I got 64% on my diploma exam. :shock:Luckily you don't need to be good at it to be an engineer.

I'm actually getting jealous sitting here reading all these posts. :)

Good luck with your classes!

Someday I'll be going back...although I may have to go the online route for my Masters degree. As soon as I can put the money together, though, I'm going for it.

I've done three years at post secondary now. Two years at a college doing engineering prep (basically my first year of engineering and a few second year courses), and one year at the University of British Columbia.

So far I've taken:

College:
2 First year chemistry
2 First year computer programming
1 Intro to engineering (we just went and visited a bunch of engineering places to learn about the different types)
3 English courses (1 real english, 2 writing for business/science)
1 Engineering drawing and drafting
2 First year Physics
1 Engineering physics
2 Linear Algebra course (1st and second year)
4 Calculus courses (2 1st year, 1 2nd year, 1 3rd year)
1 Intro to Machine Architecture (programming in very low level languages)
1 Differential Equations
1 Mathematical Physics (third year)
1 Introduction to Statistics for Engineers

University:
1 Technical Communications
1 Intro to Engineering Design
1 Engineering Materials
1 Engineering Materials Lab
2 Chemical Engineering courses
1 Fluid Mechanics
1 Electrical Engineering Course
1 Electrical Engineering Lab
1 Mechanical Engineering Course

The engineering that I'm taking is called Integrated Engineering, so I study a bit of all types of engineering. For our design course, we got to build a automated bartender. It was a robotic martini dispenser, with a sensor to find the glass and then it would shoot the martini into the glass. That was a lot of fun.

I want to focus on Fuel Cells and other alternate power sources, and I'm working at a Fuel Cell company right now, which is really awesome.

--Dawn

I will be going into fourth year of my degree at the end of september.

My classes will be advances in ecology, environmental management, life in stressed environments, and advances in animal behaviour. I am looking forward to it.

Back