For the first time ever, I have an empty hole!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
Well, only because I bought one more cage from TSC. I got another 30"x36" and moved Twila and her litter of 10 in there. But 2 leave on Wednesday (Heifer and Opie are headed to pet homes), so that will free up 2 cages.

Hubby had started to make a double hutch a few years ago. He got as far as the frame done, and then stopped (and turned it into a pitching hole thing for the boys to practice pitching). Anyway, it's 9' long and 36" wide. I'm going to finish it, dividing it into two big sections. Then we can put 10 of the Cal babies in one side, and 11 in the other side. That'll give Kitty time to figure out which 6 will be her meat pen entries for the Fair and which ones we'll be selling off. And before anyone starts about the meat comment, they won't be sold. They'll be run through the sale, but Kitty will have a bidding number and buy them back...we'll just have to pay the commission to the fair for what they sold for. I'm not selling her 6 best babies at the local fair auction. :)

I already have a buyer for Rosa! I'm 90% certain she's pregnant (will know this week). If she isn't, she can leave now. If she is, she'll leave when they're weaned.

Congratulations on placing Heifer and Opie. And with Rosa too.

Hoping Kitty finds the best out of that bunch. And does well at the Fair.

K:)

Thanks, Karen! I really didn't want to take them to the livestock auction, but was running out of options. They're going together, so that'll be nice for them. And frees up 2 more holes, which is always a good thing. haha

It's going to be fun watching her try to decide on the 6 to take. Picking 6 out of 12 would have been fairly simple. Out of 21? Probably not so much. LOL

Latest posts

Back