FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS A RABBIT READ THIS FIRST!!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It takes alot of time and practice to teach your bunny child-tolerance ;). Ittakes the kids even longer to realize the bun is not a stuffed animal.It is possible though. :D

Our 4-H club (when I lived in Ohio) would set upa display booth beforeEaster and hand out similar informationon the responsibilities of rabbit ownership.

Pam

lol, that's good information.

I do, however, beg to differ with this point:

"All rabbits will scratch and nip if they feel threatened or if theyare irritated by too much attention. Can you accept that yourchild (and possibly you) may receive a scratch or a nip from a petrabbit?"

Mocha nips if I don't give him enough attention. Maybe Mocha's a bit messed up. ;)

I dont like the dwarf bashing they are myfavorite breed and one of the most popular with the 4H kids.They havegreat personalities.I do agree that children under the age of 4 are tooyoung for a pet rabbit.bluebird

Actually, I have tosay that the age of the child doesn't matter as much as theresponsibility of the adult. We got Elf when my daughter was 2 yearsold. It was my responsibility to make sure that my daughter always used"gentle touches" when the rabbit was out. It was my responsibility togive Elf run time when my daughter was asleep, so she was assured notto be bothered. It was my responsibility to make sure my daughter satquietly waiting for Elf to come up to her, instead of running afterher, and never ever picking her up. It was my responsibility tosupervise the two together at all times.

Would I recommend a rabbit as a pet to a family with young children? No.

Honestly, I wonder at times about whysome people have children with as little attention as I see themgiving the kids they have. You don't get a pet for the kids. As anadult, you get the pet for yourself. You are ultimately responsible forthat animal's well-being. The stories I see on Animal Planet of abusesicken me. :X

stacy_giving_bunny_big_hug_lg_clr.gif

Latest posts

Back