Foot problem

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonpooka

Reaction score
Hi

Ihavea 5 year old Rex named Albie, and have noticedhis right foot is turning inwards. Its not stiff, its quite floppyinfact, and he doesnt mind me touching it, claws have always beentrimmed regularly too.. Is this an old age thing, does he need to seethe vet? I am trying to keep him stress free right now as he hasalready been thro so much with abscesses.. i will of course take him tothe vets if need be, but just wondered if its that serious, or if a vetcan even do anything about it?

Many thanks if anyone can help :)

have you looked at the bottom of his feet tocheck for sore hocks? he could be turning it to try to keep pressureoff the pads of his feet, and rexs (as we are unfortunately well awareof at my house) are prone to sore hocks :(

I really don't know beyond that, but there are many here who are muchmore knowledgable than I, and I'm sure they'll have a few suggestions.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Have a good look through the fur on the bottemof the foot, kind of sift through it really well. If your bun is proneto abcesses then a sore hock could be potentially dangerous. Hope itsnothing serious.

Oh dear, poor Albie, he always seems to havesomething wrong.. :(but thank you so much.. i went to look atsore hocks, i thought it was just a dirty living conditons problem,which certainly isn't the case for my bunnies.. but it also says aboutweight, and my Albie has always had a weight problem, mainly due to thefact he can't eat hay, ..so i have had him on rabbit excellight for a while, which helped withthe weight, but he'sstill a big boy.. i can't see anything on his paw tho.. thumb nail isshort and no signs of redness.. to be safe i will take him to thevets.. thanks to all for the advice :)and oh how i have lovedseeing all your pet bunnies on here.. :)

His weight and age could both be factors thatmay be contributing to arthritic problems. I would take himto the vet and discuss a pain management program, so he'll be morecomfortable.

Pam

Latest posts

Back