Food for Thought

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obama's Nevada campaign chairman died at the age of 44 last night. Heart attack.

What a sad time it's been for him this week.

JadeIcing wrote:
I've been reading/hearing about the various things in this article since....Friday I think?

It really has looked like the race is tightening up and while it looks like Obama will win....if things work out in certain ways - McCain could pull off a victory.

Did y'all hear about the military vote in Virginia now and how the ballots did not get sent out in time?

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/nov/03/court-rejects-naacp-suit-mccain-files-one-too/

The suit filed by Mr. McCain's campaign against elections officials states Mr. McCain could lose votes from military members overseas who support the Vietnam War hero.
"There are many military service members and overseas voters who support Senator John McCain for president in the upcoming election and whose right to vote will be denied without relief from this court," stated the complaint, also filed in U.S. District Court in Richmond.
The complaint states some Virginia localities did not send absentee ballots to overseas voters at least 45 days before the election, as recommended in 2004 by a congressionally created commission.
It names such jurisdictions as Arlington, Chesterfield and Fauquier counties and the cities of Richmond and Virginia Beach as areas that did not even receive ballots from the printer until late September.
The complaint cites the specific case of a Marine stationed in Iraq who did not receive his absentee ballot from Arlington County until Oct. 29. It asks that the court order absentee ballots for federal offices sent by Nov. 4 from qualified voters and received by Nov. 14 in the state to be counted.
"The McCain-Palin campaign believes without exception that the servicemen and women on the front line protecting our freedoms deserve every opportunity to make sure their vote counts," McCain spokeswoman Gail Gitcho said.
It was not clear last night when the suit would be heard in court.
"Of course we want to make sure that all the absentee ballots that are coming in from overseas are counted," Miss Skinner said. "We'll comply with whatever order the judge gives on that."

[line]

Since Virginia is one of the battleground states - it makes me wonder if there are enough votes out there (if the vote in that state is close enough) that we could have a longer wait to see who takes the state...

Peg, I am really expecting it to takes weeks to know who is President. There are already proven voter fraud issues in Ohio as an ACORN worker confessed to registering himself 75 nonexistant Dem voters. He is one of several under indictment.

In this state, people who cast provisional ballots and certain mail ballots have a limtited number of days to present themselves to the BOE and verify identity and residence. The Plain Dealer has already broken a story on the numbers of dead people who are registered and who voted in the primary. The BOE says 'we'll look into it'... Jennifer Brunner has several law suits pending already.

With all that in mind, doubt I'll stay up late expecting to hear anythng definite.

Oh, it won't be done today, that's for certain. This is just the day you cast your vote, and apparently, half the dead people in the country do too. :XMy DH was telling me this morning that he had seen on the news about this small town in (I think) Virginia, that only had 19 registered voters, and turned in 21 votes.

It is going to be insane for a while, but I am really hoping that it doesn't take weeks, I am so ready for all of this crud to be done, one way or the other.

I've listened to a lot of people (on the forum, at work, home etc) voice their opinions on the different canidates.

I don't care who anyone voted for, if you voted great, rejoice or complain all you want when the votes are counted. If you didn't bother to take the time to vote keep quiet. If you didn't like the current political situation you should have voted, don't complain about it then when the opportunity comes to make a change then stay at home.

There rant over.:)

That is EXACTLY how I feel! People who don't vote have no right to say anything one way or another.

Now, with that said, I heard that if Indiana goes Democratic, you can bet that Obama will win......

It's possibly true. indiana has been republican forever.

seniorcats wrote:
To heck with all this. Elvis for President!

:elvis2:

100_2227.jpg

Elvis says yes!

Latest posts

Back