Flying rabbits to the UK

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieStixxxx

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I've been out of the loop for so long :shock:

But next year, I'm going to study abroad in Scotland. I have three bunnies who I am worried about: Spank, because he is so secretive when he is in stasis. Labrador, only because he is Spank's bonded buddy. And Precious because she is nearly 10 years old.

I don't know if it's worth sticking them on an 8 hour flight.. but I cannot leave them behind :tears2: My other six rabbit will be more than alright.

Are there any airlines where I don't have to put them in cargo (a big no no for me!). And can I avoid the whole quarantine issue if they all have their shots and microchips?

I don't think the UK government will allow rabbit to come into the country in the cabin of an airplane. It is hard enough to find an airline that allows rabbits in the cabin anyway, and those that do don't always fly oversees.
It seems that rabbits do have to go through a 6 month quarantine to enter the UK. I believe that there is also a quarantine period to bring rabbits from the UK to Canada.
Unless you are planing on staying for a while, it is probably not worth it to bring the buns.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/pets/rabbits.htm

Thank you =]

The only information I could find was that they usually arrive in cargo, and cannot be on the same plane as the owner. How worrying =S And usually there is a quarantine period, but a specific flight through London could be an alternative to quarantine as long as they had microchips, shots, and a couple other things.

Maybe I will cut down my third year at Scotland to just one semester. As well as pay a bunch of RO Vancouverites to check on my guys while they board at my parent's house.

Latest posts

Back