Flying fur!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmmcnair

Reaction score
As ya'll know, Ella and Jenna are housed in ahuge cage with a "wall" between them, well before Jenna was put intothe cage, there was a door in the wall for Ella, one room was forlitter, and the other room was for food (I did this because she digs inthe litter, and it would end up in her food), any way when I movedJenna to the house I put one of those wire squares over the doorattached with zip ties....well, Ella found a way to get through toJenna! :shock:I'm guessing Ella remembered that they used tolive together when I first got them, and was wanting to renew thefriendship...apparently Jenna wanted none of that!!!

Where was I when all of this occured? I was at a dentist apptwith my oldest son. When I got home, as I was passing thecage (I always stop and give a pet and a coo when I pass the cage) Inotice Jenna on her shelf and Ella on the floor, both stiff asboards! It took a while to register that Ella was in the cageas Jenna, then I notice all this black and white fur ALL OVER THEPLACE!!! It appears that Jenna kicked Ella's butt!! Oh did Ifreak! The buns were apparently pretty freaked too! I go inand grab Ella ( which she hates to be picked up) and of course amtrying to make sure that she is okay and she freaks even more andscratches the heck out of me. I couldn't find anything, butshe wasn't really being cooperative, but no blood anywhere. Icouldn't even get to Jenna to check her over, but as I see no bloodanywhere, I am assuming that she is okay too.

Well now Ella is peeing on her shelf! I don't know if this isbecause of the fight, she's never done this before! I am worried aboutJenna since she might be pregnant. OH the joys of owningrabbits!!!

I have resecured their door better. I just hope it stayssecure! Don't want this happening again. I'mwondering if I should put a solid something between them?Especially with the kits...I don't know how Ella will take them.

Just another day in the life of Dawn and her buns! :D

Yep, I know how quickly fisticuffs can break out,even when one is present. I once had a buck escape from hishutch due to fault that I hadn't gotten around to fixing,quite yet. Nothing major, and I thought he wouldn't even"notice" it.

Another buck and his doe was free ranging that day, too. Ilooked outa window to see a ball of rolling fur go by, withtufts of it flying off the ball and being wafted every which way by thewind. Ran out, stuck my hand into it, the ball of rolling,combattant fur that is, and was rewarded with a misdirected chomp on myhand!

Learned a couple of lessons that day. Keep the hutches in astate of repair, and don't stick your arm into a ball of rolling,fighting bunnies. Now, I run for my leather welders'gauntlets, the crab net, or the "pig board," that is used toseparate fighting pigs.

Friend of mine's father, who looked like and delivered his speech inthe manner of W. C. Fields, an oldtime comedian of stage and screen,once said to me, "My boy! There are two ways tolearn; shock and repetition!" You andI have both learned by the shock method and I don't think anyrepetition will be necessary. LOL

Buck

Right you are Buck!!! That shock factorwill do quite a bit for you won't it?? I have zip tied thatdarn square so that I won't be able to take it off when the time comes!!

I found out the hard way about getting in the middle of a bunny fighttoo awhile ago. Gosh that might have been Jenna and Ella thentoo, after I had them oh about a month and a half or so, they were intheir exercise enclosure outside with Lexi (now Lex) I turned my backand when I turned around there they went...fur flying everywhere...nowI had heard that a bunny may bite you so instead of putting my hand inthe way, I decided to try a foot! Not my brightest idea,summer time and flipflops...nope Ella took exception to beinginturrupted and got me right on the ankle. That is when Iseparated them.

Well, I will definitely keep my hutches in good condition, my bucks arealready spraying each other....need to find some kind of separater forthem now! I have yellow Californian bucks! Thinkthey'll win any ribbons???:D

Dawn

The funny thing is... to thosebucks it'sactuallyatractive to be litterally covered inthe'nice' pungent stench ofurine spray.It's supposed to attract the girls...lol.

Thanks the heavens above human men don't do that..... or wait, do they? ...some might...lol.

Notin my barn!!!Yeah right, I wish not in my barn!

I actually found drops of urineon the does feeder thismorning!!!! Which means someone is shooting across the aisle!!!:shock: There is no other explanation. This is getting out ofhand!

Call them CanaryCalifornians!

I seem to recall knowing a few men who did that myself! ewwww!

Bunbun used to shoot 5 ft. or more! :shock:He had excellent aim and a twisted sense of humor.

Happily, his boy has nonexistent aim, although he does think it's funnywhen he accidently hits me. He also thinks I smell really goodthen.....:X

Rose

Well I've examined the boys, and it's only Lexand Beowulf who are yellow...they look hilarious, by the way! Lex andJenna are siblings, and Beowulf mated with Jenna...that's when thepeeing contest started. I think it's pure jealouslypersonally. ;)

The only problem, my girls can't get yellow, they are going to beshown, and now I actually have to wash out their food bins everyday! Great more work for me!

Latest posts

Back