Flying Food Bowls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
Last night I was giving the buns some freshgreens. All of the buns have a separate bowl from their pelletsbowl/J-feeder. The greens bowls are plastic and only go into the cageswhen they get greens. We're short one bowl due to breakage, but we canusually find somthing suitable.

For some reason Brindle had a fit. I had given her a small corningwaredish for her greens and she started flinging it all over the cage.Well, Benji thought this looked like fun so he started throwing hisplastic bowl around. I open their cages, uprighted the bowls, and putthe greens back in them. As soon as I closed the cage they both startedall over again. I open the cages removed the greens and bowls and leftthem on the ledge outside their cages. I figured they just didn't wantanything to eat right then. They both sat a the front of their cagesand pushed their noses out toward their bowls as far as they could. SoI walked over and offered them both a piece of romaine. They both tookit out of my hand and gobbled it up and looked for more. I put thebowls back in their cages and they started flinging the bowls aroundagain. Meanwhile the other bunnies are behaving and munching awaybetween giggles.

Well, I did the bowl-in bowl-out a few times and finally gave in andhand fed them both until their snack was all gone. Talk about spoiltbunnies! I gotta get some heavier bowls.

Jim

LOL! Jim that's so cute!

This morning, hubby was getting ready for work and I was dosing back tosleep when I heard a huge CRRRRRR ASH!!!!!!! and I jumped up and yelled"what was that?!?!" ... Hubby said "Your rabbit decided he wantspellets for breakfast.... he flung his bowl completely across his cagewhen I walked in the room!" LOL!

We get up a bit later since school is out of session..... guess I was just too late with his cranberry!

Gosh, Tucker is so rude about throwing hisbowl!

When he's done eating, he tosses it;when it's empty he tossesit; when he's angry, he tosses it; and when he wants attention,hetosses it. Going to have to duct tape it to itsholder.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Gosh,Tucker is so rude about throwing hisbowl!

When he's done eating, he tosses it;when it's empty he tossesit; when he's angry, he tosses it; and when he wants attention,hetosses it. Going to have to duct tape it to itsholder.

-Carolyn
Iv'e got this picture in my head of Tucker contentedly munching on apiece of duct tape, food bowl in the distance. Caption says "Is thatthe best you can do?"

WOW!

Did your bunnies start this sort of stuff early? Bo's just starting tobe a turd! He was so sweet and never did anything really bratty untilrecently!

First it was his salad plate... "let's see if it's a frisbee!" thenit's anything like a box I place on his second level..... down itgoes... I try to keep something up there so he doesn't get his legcaught in the NIC cube. I couldn't find anything that wouldcover it well except cardboard.... that worked untilrecently. Now, I have to make a trip today to get some cagewire to place over it and secure down.... then he can't throw it offand I will not have to worry about a broken bunny leg!

What else am I in for? any other fancy little tricks they play ?

Mocha has a fit with his food bowls when I feedSpice before him. He gets so mad that he wont eat his food, he justtosses the food and the bowl out the door.

We were lucky, out bunny came with a haevyceramic bowl. he does try to trhow all most of the time, but there isno way to do it with his teeth.

AnnaS wrote:
Wewere lucky, out bunny came with a haevy ceramic bowl. he does try totrhow all most of the time, but there is no way to do it with histeeth.
The corningware dish we gave Brindle is pretty heavy. She started byjust pushing it around. And then she discovered that it had littlehandles on. She would get a good hold on the handle with her teeth andthen kinda spin around like she was throwing a discus.

JimD wrote:
AnnaS wrote:
We were lucky, outbunny came with a haevy ceramic bowl. he does try to trhow all most ofthe time, but there is no way to do it with his teeth.
The corningware dish we gave Brindle is pretty heavy. She started byjust pushing it around. And then she discovered that it had littlehandles on. She would get a good hold on the handle with her teeth andthen kinda spin around like she was throwing a discus.

Wow, they are very smart. Chernish still pushes it around, because I always put it in the wrong spot.

LOL Max does the same. When she'sfinished with her food she upturns the bowl to let us know that she'sfinished! She also moves her litter corner tray out andpushes it to the other side of the hutch then pees in the emptyspace! She also digs all night long just for something todo! I can't wait until Christmas so I can give her the toysI've bought her to keep her occupied! :D

I love bunny behaviour!

Hehehe, My buns do that occasionally... but nothing like the fiasco that you had!

My first Bun used to have a baking pan that he slept in, and he LOVED to fling it, bang it, push it, you name it...

Of course he did stop throwing it after he threw it, while he was sitting in it... and went skidding across the tile floor.

blossom is SO naughty with her foodbowls! at night when we are sleeping she is so activethrowing everything in her cage, every morining when we wake upeverything is in a new place, well lastnight (at 3:00am) she was soloud she set our alarm off, we have her in our sunroom, which is fullof windows so we have glass breakage protection on our house alarm,well when she was whipping the bowls around and clanging everthingtogether, the alarm went off, try explaining that to the alarm companywhen they call up to check on us!! bad bunny!!! Tracy

*sigh* Thank goodness for ceramic bowls :p

S'more gets really bad with it too... Her bin isattached to her cage and she likes to push it around and pulls itoff!!! Her daughter MooShu started doing it too... Its really annoyingand wasits food!!

I LuV MaH BuNs wrote:
S'more gets really bad with it too... Her bin is attached toher cage and she likes to push it around and pulls it off!!! Herdaughter MooShu started doing it too... Its really annoying and wasitsfood!!

S'more and MooShu have J-feeders. The other day I switchedwherethe waterbottle and feeder are in Moo Shu's cage. I didthis so she could see Chippy and get used to being next to her.

By the next morning MooShu had pulled the feeder down and knocked thewaterbottle off of her cage. She also pulled her hay rack down andmoved her wooden hutch to the other side of her cage. She pretty muchtrashed her whole place. My goodness. All because I moved a couple ofthings.

Needless to say, I movedeverything back where it was and she has been finesince.

Little nut case!!!

I think S'more does it just to entertain herself. She also gets herlittle jingleball stuck behind the feeder and she tries to get it out.

Jim

buckie( our new zealand red )stackes his bowlswhen he is finished eating and then clings them when he wants more feedor is out of water both of his bowl are ceramic the longer it takes meto refill them the louder he gets and if i don't come then he startsthumping (the silly rabbit):p i just found out i am the only one hedoes this to

Latest posts

Back