Fluffy's Foot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsy

Reaction score
About two weeks ago I went on vacation and left fluffy with a friend. This might not have anything to do with it but something just isn't right with Fluffy and I've been able to pinpoint it to one of his hind feet. He just isn't sitting on it correctly, its just barely noticable and only because I knew something isn't right. I'm not sure what to do.:?

HI There - sorry no one has seen your thread yet.

Can you check his foot for any cuts or sores? Feel it oversee if there is any swelling. When he hops is he putting any pressure on it?

Is it possible to get him to the vet? Maybe he hurt it somehow.

Hopefully someone else will have some other ideas...

:yeahthat

He might have broken a nail or bruised a toe, etc. Can you find anything visibly wrong? Is he moving differently?

If you can't find anything and he's still not using his foot normally, I'd have a vet check it out.

How's fluffy's foot doing? Any better? Is he still not putting pressure on it?

________
Nadia

He is applying a tad more pressure on it now,but I am still going to take him to the vet on Monday.Hopefully he will be able to tell what is wrong without needing an x-ray. I have restricted him from leaving his cage so he will not run around as much.

Hi Flopsy, have you been able to look at the toenails a couple of my bunnies have managed to rip a claw into the quick but it doesn't come off cause sometimes part is still attached if it doesn't come off and puts pressure on the nerve its really painful. we have had to pull the claw off as that is less painful than having it trapped but you need to keep it clean after.

It can happen quite easy if their claws get stuck in your top and they try to disappear!! this has happened to 2 of my buns

Just a thought hope its nothing serious Polly

Ok so all he has is an absess that has already drained so the worst is over. :bunnydance: He's on a medication and he supposed to have yogert now too.

He is doing so much better on penicillin and yogurt. My vet blammed his abcesses on my NIC cages carpet and recommended me take it down until he is completely healed and then use a different material for the bottom. So, as of now he is relocated in his vacation (large dog) crate with NIC cubes making a fence a little farther out.

Latest posts

Back