Fluff & Daisy's new cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, i only keep all girls. even when i had guinea pigs, just girls. it costs too much either way

No, we don't have money and time for surgery and we rather not put them through unnecessary stress and pain.

This is quite humerous... Those black metal things you have, we had a set of them too, and my mom and I built a temperary chicken coup for them. I got a pair of chickens in the fall and some things fell through so I had to keep them in the house at night and durning the day we stuck them in the pen like you have lol.

Fluff died....
my mix puppy harassed her to death..I just hope she didn't suffer for long...'t know if we are keeping Daisy yet...
do

[align=left]:pink iris: Binky Free, Fluff :bunnyangel:

How is Daisy handling the loss of Fluff? Bonded Rabbit's can take the death or their friends extremely hard. It can and does help the living bun to accept the death if given the chance to see the body of the deceased bunny, trust me, they do understand. I'm not sure if you can still do this, it's probably too late. Make sure to give Daisy extra love and attention, she will need it.

Why wouldn't you be keeping Daisy?:(

[/align]

We will keep her if we can find a new tiny bunny girl. She is expecting Fluff to jump back into the cage..

That sucks she died. But Litter training is so much easier then doing what you are doing, Both my Buck & Doe is getting litter trained..

Yea, ok. I really don't care about the potty training, so everyone just stop talking about it! TY.

secuono wrote:
No, we don't have money and time for surgery and we rather not put them through unnecessary stress and pain.
Just so you KNOW. Having the bunny spayed isn't unnecessary stress. We do it so they can live LONG and HAPPY lives. You know that unspayed female rabbits have a high risk of cancer right?

I'm sorry about Fluff.

secuono wrote:

Its not unnecesary..it helps them have a longer and healthier life. I also don't see any good changes of bonding a new rabbit if they are all unspayed. Also, if they are both young rabbits they haven't reached sexual maturity yet they will fight when they do.

Also, there is no "training" in litter boxes..place it in there..letthendo the rest..maybe put some hay in their. Thats not a lot of work. Its more sanitary then them accidently walking and stepping in thier urine, not to mention helping with smell.

And sorry for your loss..hopefully your dog dosen't get near the other rabbits.

Good luck. :)

*edit, I did not realize your the same person for the other thread you posted a link from. My bad.

I think we need to remember that the choice to spay or neuter a rabbit is solely the choice of the owner. If an owner does not spay or neuter a pet, it is not abuse and the animal is not any worse off (not better off, but not worse).

The suggestion has been made and the OP has made her choice. The subject should be dropped now, and the conversation kept on the original topic.

-Dawn

Latest posts

Back