Fluff & Daisy's new cage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

secuono

Reaction score
They kept escaping their old, bigger cage no matter what I did. So now they have a small vertical one they can't get out of. Fluff is small enough to fit through the larger holes, but she always goes back in to potty in her cage, she also doesn't chew on anything. Daisy on the other hand, pees and poos all over the house! She jumps right over the walls and sometimes chews things up.

Fluff & a Guinea Pig.
l_e240bc43bb58415f9851286403e9bd33.jpg

Fluff's 1st cage by herself, 3ft*2ft and 3 levels.
l_b7b238c5489046f5b0e13681f455d3f2.jpg

Fluff in her 4ft*4ft and 2 level home.
l_b7086651625b41e4b329ad82e028a3cb.jpg

l_2b08bfe527b34dd69702b645845fc9ad.jpg

Here they are in their 4ft*3ft and 2 level home.
buns.jpg

And here is their current new home.
l_5880fb41ddd74620b3d8808a0ae4ccc0.jpg

l_9c074f4ffd664749b46df9db6fb73333.jpg

l_e6c0dce4ac4b4b748745af4791bc5a27.jpg

Wow! Quite a beautiful pair of gals you have there! I love Fluff's lovely long fur :)

Your cage setup looks great... certainly had a lot of incarnations, hasn't it? I've always loved that about the NICs.. just keep tinkering until it's perfect :)

Welcome to RO, by the way!
:wave:

I'll be looking forward to more pictures of your beautiful girls :)

Yea, sucks for them they have a tiny cage, but what can you do...

Anyone know where I can find cheap preformed plastic containers, minimum 2*2ft 2in high, max 6*6ft 10in high???
I need to redo their cage again.

That's the newest remodel of their home. I had to buy 2 boxes of the cubes, since Fluff can squeeze through the bigger holes. Either way, I ran out of the small holed ones, had to use part of another cage to close the back side and the back top. Used the regular bigger holed grids to close the two front corners and loosely attached the middle grid so I can still get into it easily. I'm hoping Daisy doesn't find a way out, or Fluff. I still need to find a few rags to roll up and place along the bottom so it soaks up the pee and helps keep in the poos.

Unless they dig a hole under the cage into my floor, they can't get out...

Do they have a litterbox? You mentioned needing something to soak up the pee, but it doesn't appear they have a litter box in the new cage set up. Just curious! The cage looks really nice :)

No, they don't do the whole toilet thing. Fluff escapes but only pottys in the cage, so if she can get back in, no prob. Daisy just poos and pees all over the house and chews things up. I got Daisy at 5mo. from someone else.
They have a cardboard box, but they usually sleep in there on cold nights. I give them only one bottle per 12hrs since they pee faster than they drink. I might as well dump a gallon or two of water in the cage instead....

I have towels all around the bottom now to keep the p/p in the cage now.

That just sounds like a lot of work to clean up! I dunno ... if it were me I would revisit the litter training thing, but if you're ok cleaning it up, more power to ya ;-)

I am not gonna spend that much time training a rabbit. Too much work and they don't seem to care.
I move the top cage, dump the mess and put down new paper. Wash the towels and put the cage back and that's it, every two days.

Sorry, it was just a suggestion. Though it's called "training" many buns pick it up without any effort on the part of the owner. But if you really think it's easier to do it with newspaper, no prob.

I did try when I first got Daisy, but she doesn't care. Either way she makes a mess if she is on the second level.

Latest posts

Back