Flopsy's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flopsyrabbit

Reaction score
Hi I am Flopsyrabbit,

My name came from my fav teddy bear which is a bunny and her name is flopsy. Ever since I was 6 years old I have wanted a bunny so later on when I was six I had to make the decision if I was to get a st bernard puppy or a bunny. Because It was only me who wanted a bunny and my mum and dad just started a company I knew( because of so many videos I watched) that it was not ok to bring a bunny into our life style. So a few months later I had a little female st bernard running around. Her name is Ozy it is not pronounced aussie but the letter O then zii O - zie. She has been so great. I love her so much:)! But last year(2011) my love for bunnies has come back and I started to read more about them (books like rabbits for dummies) and watch videos on youtube like 101 rabbits. My mum is not that big on rabbits but I am sure that she will love one because I had hermit crabs once and she hates hermit crabs and then when I got mine she would let them run around her once she knew they were ok.

My mum made a deal that if by June I think that I can look after a rabbit while doing homework and dancing( which I do professionally, going to America in 2013 to disneyland to dance!) she would let me get a rabbit. That was her side of the deal. My side was that if I was to get a rabbit I would be allowed to keep it in my bedroom.
Mum came back with ONLY if it does not stink the place out. If it does its moving outside.
I came back with only if its on the top balcony which is near my bedroom.
Thats why I am on here, to learn everything I can before/if I get one. I don't want to put its life in jeopardy.
Also I am a little worried on the stink part. If you have any AUSTRALIAN brrands that are cheap and really absorb odor please private message me with brand name and/or type, price, and where to get it from.

Welcome :) Sounds like your pretty determined to get a bun.
I am sure you will find lots of great ideas here as to how to control the smell. The best way I think is to make sure you clean your buns potty area everyday. I use woodstove pellets for my bunnies litter and I clean her spot everyday. There is no bunny smell here :)

Well today my mum and I were talking and I think I am moving into her office at home which is actually bigger than my room. I have measured everything and where I am going to put things and it looks like I will have enough room for a nice(big) sized rabbit cage and an dog excersice pen to be attached to it aswell as extra room left to move around! Which I think is pretty exciting! Hopefully by June this year(2012) I will have a bunny hopping around! Also my quest to find a good AUSTRALIAN rabbit litter brand that is REALLY ABSORBANT IN SMELL AND URINE is still running. If you live in America or the UK etc please still let me know becuase you may be able to get it online.
So far I have found a litter from woolworths/safeway called Breeders Choice cat litter but I have heard mixed coments on it so its in the "maybe" box. We in Australia have Carefresh bedding aswell I am not sure about it yet as I am scared if a rabbit ingests it that the bunny could get sick. Also I am not sure it absorbs odor.
I have heard that woodstove pellets are a good option but still not sure if they are ok if ingested or if they do absorb odor.

If you find a Litter that REALLY absorbs smell and urine please send me a Private message OR if you have some tips that control odor please Private Message me. Thanks for your help and if you have any solutions BIG or small I would love to here about them.

Off to bed now see u later:bed:

Wow I havent been on here for ages I thought I would give you guys an update. My mum has now warmed up to wanting a bunny so she has picked a name and we will be getting a male dwarf lop named charlie. Any way got to go.

Gina

Hey everyone I now have a website just click on the word website and then you will be transferred to the page. It is not that much yet but I am hoping to make it more bigger soon

Flopsyrabbit wrote:
Hey everyone I now have a website just click on the word website and then you will be transferred to the page. It is not that much yet but I am hoping to make it more bigger soon
Thanks so much for sharing your website. I think its a really good start compiling lots of info to help those care for our sweet critters.

I never get tired of reading different ways how to make my rabbits comfortable and content.

K :)

Hey everybody I'm just letting u no that I will be updating my website soon. Iv just started high school, I dance 4 days a week and I surf on the weekends so I haven't had much time. Any way I will be on the Internet soon. Gtg 2 dancing now.

Gina

Latest posts

Back